Sunday, May 18, 2008

26 Weeks

Today is 26 weeks. We have less than 100 days to go! When I saw the ticker at the top of the blog go to less than 100 days, it sort of felt like we had reached a milestone. Now, I know that it could still be more than a 100 days if this baby is late, but we're getting there, and that's exciting! I'm definitely growing. The belly is very noticeable now, and I am even more motivated to get to the pool or go for walks. This weekened we had record temperatures, and the gorgeous weather makes me want to head outside and soak up the sun! Kevin took me shopping for some more maternity clothes yesterday. I was desperately in need of some capris and some lighter weight shirts, and we got great deals on several items. I feel more set for the coming weeks of sunshine and warm weather. The sweaters weren't working anymore at work, since the air was not yet on, but we were no longer getting the heat either!

I have just four weeks of teaching left! We officially go until the end of June, but the actual teaching is done in just four weeks! It feels a little surreal, since I am ending this year knowing that I will be off of work for a year. As much as I love my students, I have to admit that the idea of being at home with my own baby for a year is really thrilling. I can't wait to meet this little one and see it grow and change over the months.

Kevin and I have started discussing names. It seems like such a huge task! This child will carry this name for life...what if the baby hates the name we give it? I am all about giving the baby a name that means something to us, as well, especially since I feel like this little one is an amazing, precious gift to us. I want it to be a name that we can say we chose because of "this reason." It seems like a lot of pressure. My students at school started a name spot on my whiteboard, and they have been adding names to the boy and girl sides for the last week or so. Some of them are quite ridiculous-Beethoven, Jesus, Incarnacion-but some are also good-Olivia, Trevor, etc. I guess you will all see in a few months the name that we choose!

The baby has also been quite a bit more active lately. I enjoy that, of course. This morning it was kicking over and over in the same spot on my side, and I love feeling it kick from the inside, but also hitting my hand on the outside. It's great to know there is a little one in there!

Only 14 more weeks to go!

2 comments:

  1. Picking a name is intimidating! But whatever you choose, whether traditional or out of the ordinary, the baby will suit it. It's funny how it happens!

    You look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to meet your babyyyyy!! Names are fun, but yes, a big decision. I agree with Nancy about the baby suiting whatever name you give it. They sort of take on whatever name you give them. I still go back and forth over whether I liked Plava or "Plav" (....if you know what I mean...), but I think the one with the vowel suits her more because that's what we named her!

    Anyway, I'm sure you guys will come up with a great name. I can't wait to meet your baby!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers