Sunday, May 04, 2008

We're Staying...and 24 Weeks

Today is officially 24 weeks. The weeks just seem to be marching by. School is going quickly...I can't believe we have started the last term of the year already. I know that these next two months will go by fast!


What are the baby changes? Well, the belly is growing. I am happy with the rate. It's not huge, but it's there, and I'm glad that it's not huge. I actually sat on wooden bleachers today for two hours watching Kevin play ball and wasn't even the slightest bit uncomfortable. I leaned back once, but soon sat up again and was fine! I think I will be especially thankful that my belly is growing at this rate later on!

I do feel the Wee One kicking in there, but it comes and goes still. There are times that I get a little frustrated, because I will read about or hear about other women that feel their baby "going crazy" but our little one doesn't seem to be. I felt much better after our recent ultrasound. The tech said the baby was really active, in fact she called it a "Busy Baby," and even showed me on the screen, yet I couldn't really feel it. I get thumps and bumps occasionally, but it is still being stubborn enough that Kevin has not yet felt it. It seems that those moments when he wants to try the baby stops moving, and he doesn't get to feel anything. I know it will come soon enough though.


I am doing better with eating! For awhile there all that I wanted was sweets, sweets, sweets. I wasn't doing so well with the fruits and veggies. Finally, one night I sort of freaked out, because I was sick of eating crap all of the time, but couldn't seem to stop myself, so I went through the house and threw it all in the garbage! The chocolate, the candy, the bad munchies...all went in the trash! Since then, we have not BOUGHT any more and I have bought more veggies and fruit, and things seem to be going much better in that area! I have also finally been able to make up our monthly meal plan again, so that should help with the evening meals. We had been going day by day, and I just don't function well that way. Tonight we went shopping for our week's worth of groceries, and it seems like we are set to have a week of healthy eating!


We will soon be getting our nursery bedding! I'm so thrilled, because I really love the set. My family and friends went together and are buying us the entire set. It is wonderful! We are even getting the adorable little turtle pillow that I never would have bought if I was buying it. My sister organized everyone, got checks from them, and she is buying it and having it shipped. Our good friends are allowing us to use their U.S. address to have it shipped to. I can't wait to get it and look at it and think that there will a little baby sleeping on those sheets and snuggling in that blanket! I love the style, and can't wait to get the room put together. We have found the crib and dresser we want for a great deal on Wal-mart.com, and we just need to get it ordered. Both just recently went on sale, so that was exciting to see!


Some more news is that we are staying in our basement suite! This is very exciting for me, because I'm known to be a bit of a planner. I like to know what's going to happen. We had been looking to move because we really felt the need for a bathtub. I know I have written about that before. Well, this week our wonderful landlords said they will put in a bathtub for us! Hurray! We decided on that note to just stay put, because we do like the layout of this place, the amount of storage, and the rent! Our landlords are kind to us, and it's fabulous to know that we will have a bathtub AND we will be keeping our good deal on rent. This was truly an answer to prayer, because it just sort of came up, and Kevin and I had been praying about what to do for housing. The last few days we have been talking about what we will be doing, how we will move things around, what we will store, and how we will make things fit! I'm thrilled to know what is happening, and happy about staying. The busy street is not ideal, but it will certainly be fine for at least one more year!


Tomorrow starts another week of school. I'm finding that I am ready to be done! When I am actually with my students, I love it, but at night, in the morning, and on the weekends I find myself counting down to June, when I will be off and able to focus on baby, and my time with Kevin. We have some getaways planned, and will probably spend many moments packing stuff up and making room for our family addition! The time is drawing nearer!


1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, I don't think James could really feel the baby move until about 28 weeks. It's so much harder for them! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers