Well, we had our fourth ultrasound today! I know that we are truly blessed to see our baby so many times, every time it just gets better and better. Today was by far the best! The baby is definitely growing. Although I still have people asking me where the baby is when they look at me, I know that it is definitely in there! I have felt movement A LOT more lately and last night I was lying with my hand on my belly when the baby happened to kick in the exact spot my hand was! That is the FIRST time I have felt the baby from outside! I immediately called Kevin, because he has been anxious to feel it, but of course the little stinker stopped kicking then.
Today the ultrasound was great! We saw the face, the head, the spine, the feet, legs, hands, even tiny fingers! It's so amazing to see it moving around in there, responding to little prods by the ultrasound technician. Today made it seem much more real to me. The ultrasound technician was a lovely lady and she was so sweet. As she was doing measurements and such, she would suddenly laugh or smile and say, "Come on Baby!" when it would move the wrong way for her to get her measurement or something.
It decided to be stubborn again today, and was lying face down, so we were unable to see the heart clearly. We saw it beating, and heard the heartbeat, but they still couldn't get a really clear look at it. She said that the baby had its face to my back, and had it's hands up over its eyes. So cute. So, since we still weren't able to clearly see the heart, I'm not sure what they will do. Will we get another ultrasound??? I would be okay with that!
We got to find out some measurements today. Apparently the baby was measuring at 23 weeks and SIX days, rather than 23 weeks and 1 day, like we thought we were at. She said this would put our due date now at the 19th of August rather than the 24th, but who knows! Maybe now the 24th will be the more accurate date. The baby is 1 pound and 6 ounces as of today! Wow! That seems big to me since I still have 17 more weeks to go!
One thing that DID NOT happen was that we didn't find out the gender! Apparently this clinic has a policy of not saying what the baby is, because ultrasounds can never been 100% for sure. Sorry everyone that wanted to know...it looks like we will just have to wait and see! It makes it more fun that way, you can just keep guessing! We have had many people say it is a girl, probably a lot more than say it is a boy, but we will see!
Today the ultrasound was great! We saw the face, the head, the spine, the feet, legs, hands, even tiny fingers! It's so amazing to see it moving around in there, responding to little prods by the ultrasound technician. Today made it seem much more real to me. The ultrasound technician was a lovely lady and she was so sweet. As she was doing measurements and such, she would suddenly laugh or smile and say, "Come on Baby!" when it would move the wrong way for her to get her measurement or something.
It decided to be stubborn again today, and was lying face down, so we were unable to see the heart clearly. We saw it beating, and heard the heartbeat, but they still couldn't get a really clear look at it. She said that the baby had its face to my back, and had it's hands up over its eyes. So cute. So, since we still weren't able to clearly see the heart, I'm not sure what they will do. Will we get another ultrasound??? I would be okay with that!
We got to find out some measurements today. Apparently the baby was measuring at 23 weeks and SIX days, rather than 23 weeks and 1 day, like we thought we were at. She said this would put our due date now at the 19th of August rather than the 24th, but who knows! Maybe now the 24th will be the more accurate date. The baby is 1 pound and 6 ounces as of today! Wow! That seems big to me since I still have 17 more weeks to go!
One thing that DID NOT happen was that we didn't find out the gender! Apparently this clinic has a policy of not saying what the baby is, because ultrasounds can never been 100% for sure. Sorry everyone that wanted to know...it looks like we will just have to wait and see! It makes it more fun that way, you can just keep guessing! We have had many people say it is a girl, probably a lot more than say it is a boy, but we will see!
Here is the baby at 23 weeks! It's a view of the face! It looks a wee bit alien like now, but it's my baby's face! Amazing! I have labeled it for you, just in case you don't have a degree in ultrasound comprehension!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!