Thursday, June 26, 2008

Annoyed

I'm feeling a bit annoyed tonight. I'm not really sure why. I think it has just been a long day and I'm fed up. I know I have no reason to be. Mentally, I tell myself all of the things that I am thankful for, and I remind myself that God is good to us, but then I ask...is it okay to just be annoyed sometimes?

It was a long day. I was up around 6:30 and didn't get home from work until almost 9.

It started with breakfast at ABC with some colleagues. One of our best and favorites is leaving the school for good. She got a great job that is going to utilize all of her many talents in wonderful ways, but it's sad to see her go. We had wonderful conversation with her, but then it was off to school.

I worked the report card desk with Seren from 9-10. It's never a bad job, just busy. After that, I spent an hour and a half scanning pictures that I need to send to my friend Mike for our 10 year class reunion. Not work, I know, but mind-numbing none the less.

Finally, Seren and I were on our way. We had our end of year staff shindig today...we had a golf tournament on a par three course. Since Seren and I are on the staff social committee, we helped to organize the event and had to be there a bit early to help set some things up. I didn't play, since I'm a bit round these days. I could have golfed, but I LOVE golfing and have a hard time doing it unless I know I can do my best, so I passed and sat and worked in the Snack Shak with Seren all afternoon. It wasn't a bad job! We got to chat with all of our teams as they came through and generally there was a lot of laughter.

Overall, as you can see, it was a pretty great day. This is why I'm having a hard time figuring out why I'm so annoyed. I think I need to just go to bed and sleep it off. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel differently. It's my last day of work. Wow. I go in for a short staff meeting in the morning and then that's it. Done. Over. I shut off my classroom lights, turn in my keys, and walk away for a year or possibly more. Craziness. I have been looking forward to and anticipating this so much, but suddenly today I started thinking about it. What am I going to do all summer??? Hopefully my wonderfully intelligent hubby, who always comes up with something, will makes some plans. I guess we'll be packing things up, getting ready for baby...maybe I'll do some reading or something. Who knows?

One thing I do know is that I hope I'm not grouchy when I wake up in the morning. Here's to smiles and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers