Tomorrow I will be 38 weeks...just two more weeks to go! Kevin and I are both definitely feeling the anticipation now. We are ready. As ready as we can be, anyway! Who is ever truly ready to enter the great journey of parenthood?
We have our room set up. Since we are moving, we set up the basics in our bedroom. We got a playpen/bassinet that we set up the other night. Our doctor gave us a beautiful change table from Storkcraft-it was hers with her two kids and she asked if she could pass it on to us. What a sweethart! I have said before how amazing she is! We also cleared out a few drawers in our dresser for little baby clothes. There is now a place for the baby to sleep, a place to change the diapers, and I'm in charge of feeding. The three main needs will be met!
We now are wondering what that special date will be. When will our baby's birthday be? Will it be early? Will we be blessed to have a baby that comes before the due date or will this little one prove to be as stubborn as its parents? Kevin says the baby is going to come late because I am impatient. We both know, and it is an ongoing joke, about my patience level. The other night we were watching the Olympics opening ceremonies and I was like, "Come on! Just light the torch already! Does the guy have to fake fly all the way around the arena? Let's just get this going!" Kevin looked at me, laughed, and said, "That is EXACTLY why our baby is going to come late! You are going to be taught a lesson!" I think he's probably right.
That doesn't stop him from asking if I'm having contractions every time I wince at a particularly hard jab to the ribs or push on the bladder. Today we were in the car going to meet up with my friend Lacy and the baby shifted weird, putting on a particularly painful pressure. I went "Ow! That hurts!" He looked at me and said, "Contractions??!!?!? Is it go time?!!?!" He's so adorable. I wonder how he will truly react when I actually do go into labour. I wonder how I will react, for that matter! Despite the hard jabs and kicks, I'm still REALLY enjoying every movement that I feel from the baby, even the somewhat painful ones. I still find myself so floored that it is a little human being in there doing all of that moving around. I was thinking the other day that I will miss feeling those consistent wiggles and jabs. Sometimes when it wakes me in the middle of the night it feels like this special time that we have, just us, and I just lie there and smile.
On the other hand, I think that nesting instinct is starting to kick in! It's strange though...I guess everyone experiences it in a different way. I woke up this morning raring to go. I had made waffle batter the night before and whipped up some delicious oat waffles-recipe courtesy of my friend Mish, check it out on her blog. It's a pretty healthy recipe, and I made a yummy blackberry/raspberry sauce to go on top. After that I cleared out the dishwasher and loaded the others up, cleaned the kitchen, and kept going. Kevin looked at me and said, "You are so full of energy today! Usually you are still laying on the couch at this point!" I had to laugh, because lately that has been very true! We went on this afternoon to complete our organization.
I had been embarassed by our house after a friend stopped by the other day. We still had stuff everywhere and were just unorganized. Kevin had been trying to get on top of it, but as I had stated before, I just didn't have the energy and didn't really seem to care. That changed this afternoon! We worked in tandem and now things have a place, floors are vacuumed, baby stuff is arranged, and I have even started cooking!
Yep, tonight when we got home from spending time with Lacy I made up a batch of chili and two pans of lasagna to be frozen for after the baby arrives. I would like to make a few more dishes, so if you have an EASY and NUTRITIOUS recipe that has veggies, etc, and is easy to freeze, can you please send it to me? That would be fantastic!
I'll post that 38 week picture tomorrow! The wait goes on...
I am so excited for you guys. I love the anticipation this phase of the pregnancy brings...when will it be, where will we be...Can't wait to see baby S. Take care, we're praying for a healthy mom and baby and a swift delivery!
ReplyDelete