Monday, October 06, 2008

SNL-Making a Comeback?

I'm not an avid SNL wathcher anymore, but Kevin and I recently-before the babe was born-purchased a PVR. It has come in very handy, as we can record all of those shows we love but seem to miss for various reasons and watch them later. I am enjoying watching "The Amazing Race" during the day as I clean up the house or whatever. However, I digress...back to SNL.

On Saturday night Kevin PVR'd SNL. Lately we haven't been super impressed and thought it was pretty lame, but I finally had a chance to watch Saturday's episode this morning and I was laughing hard! Anne Hathaway was great and a majority of the skits were actually pretty funny. My favorite? SNL's spoof of the Vice Presidential Debate. Tina Fey was bang on in her impression. I found myself hoping that McCain/Palin win not necessarily for political reasons, but just for the hours and hours of entertainment we would all get from watching Fey impersonate Palin over the next four years on SNL.

The impressions done for both Biden and Palin were quite funny, especially if you did see the actual debate. Since Kevin and I had watched most of it, we found it pretty hilarious. I don't know if it can be found on YouTube or anything, but if you have the chance, check it out!

3 comments:

  1. It was okay. I think Tina Fey over-exaggerates Palin's midwestern/Alaskan accent, but I guess that's to be expected in comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad though that Tina Fey has refused to continue to play Palin if she wins. I guess her whole "vote for Hillary because she's a woman" schtick doesn't extend to Republican women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:43 PM

    I just caught up on your blog, Stace and saw this post -- I've never watched SNL but because of the election stuff, Jim has started making time for it! I saw the debate episode, too and agree with you on it. Did you see the youtube video of Palin and her husband on SNL doing the "Moose Rap"? That was funny! I can't believe they can poke fun at themselves ... more power to them:)
    Dy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers