Thursday, October 02, 2008

Random Thoughts

Rusty is sleeping peacefully...he had a good feed and is enjoying a good nap, so after doing the dishes and getting dinner ready for tonight, I decided to take a moment to catch up with my Internet friends! See...

I just took that picture a few minutes ago...aww...he's so cute!

A real update:

  • We are getting settled in to our new place. The bathroom and bedroom are unpacked, and most of the kitchen. The things I appreciate the most about this place are the bathtub-I have already had four baths, the HUGE kitchen with tons of storage space, the walk in closet in our bedroom, and the massive windows that let in tons of light. It's a great place, we are pretty happy with it.
  • I am now one of those people that gets excited when her baby poos. I never thought I would be there, but one friend explained it so well. At this stage, the only indication you get that your baby is doing well is when he gains weight and when he is pooing and peeing well. It's true! So, when I get a poopy diaper, I laugh at myself when I say "Yay!! Good job buddy!" The same goes for those adorable little burps. I also weighed him today and he is at 11 pounds 7 ounces! Great!
  • Feeding is going...okay. I am one of those lucky moms that overproduces. I am not saying that sarcastically. I know that many women have a really hard time with things and don't produce enough milk, so I am thankful to have this problem, but it was causing some problems for poor Rusty. He has to gulp too fast and gets too much air in him and then gets gassy. He doesn't cry, but I can tell he's REALLY uncomfortable. Today I went to a breastfeeding clinic and they were really helpful. I got to sit down one on one with a public health nurse through an entire feeding session and she gave me some great help. I'm hoping to be able to help poor Rusty!
  • I love the amazing shrinking waistline! Never in my life has it been so easy to lose weight! Between feeding Rusty, sometimes forgetting to eat, and moving all around, the weight just seems to be falling off. I'm less than ten pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight and I haven't done a thing! Yesterday I went for my first real walk. We now live in a really hilly neighborhood, and it was good! I was SWEATING! It felt great. It felt even better to zip up my regular jeans without sucking in my gut at all this morning! They actually mean it in all of those books when they say that it will come off! Now I just need to get back to working out for the toning. That will come soon.
  • Kev's job continues to be a huge blessing in our lives. It's so nice to have him be able to be home by 4 or 4:30 most days and to not have work with him. He spends a lot of time with Rusty and I LOVE watching them interact, especially now that Rusty is responding to us so much more. It's great!

Well, I hear the snorting and grunting that is a sign of Rusty waking up ready to eat! I'd better go!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you, he is so cute! I am happy that things are going so well for you guys. I'll have to get some pointers on how to move with a little baby, that's what we will be doing in Feb...take care. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers