Saturday, November 15, 2008

HELP!!!

I've realized one very important thing as a new mom....it's important to be able to get over the hang ups of feeling that you should be able to do everything on your own and ask for help.

Help can come in many forms.

It can come in the form of my amazing husband taking the boy out with him as he runs errands so I have a few quiet hours to relax, sleep, or just get things done.

Help may come in the form of a friend coming over and holding Rusty as I clean the house, or stopping by with a coffee and adult conversation.

Sometimes it comes in the form of being able to call a fellow mom up late in the evening to ask "What do I do when Rusty has a cough, runny nose, and achy tummy?"

Help may come in the form of my wonderful mother and father-in-law taking Rusty for a few hours the morning after a rough night, allowing me much needed and craved sleep.

I find that help sometimes comes in the form of a Starbucks latte. It's amazing how much better a half-caf Peppermint Mocha can make me feel!

Some of the best help comes from those other moms that have been through the same things affirming me in what I'm doing, telling me that Rusty is doing great, and telling me that they understand.

Help may be spending a night gabbing with some of my best girlfriends, watching them coo over my son, yet still talking about our lives and sharing our thoughts and feelings.

One of my favorite forms of help is my husband, holding Rusty, playing with him and bring smiles to his face. Another form of help my husband provides is making dinners and doing dishes.

Yep, it's important Moms. We have to get over that hangup of feeling like we have to be supermom. There are so many people in our lives that love us and want to support us and help us. We only need to ask...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers