Yep, that's the thought that entered my mind tonight. We were all over at my sister's house-yes, people, that's right...I'M HOME!!!!!!!! We left early hoping to beat the snow, and it looks like it's a good thing we did. We rolled into my parent's garage at just about midnight last night and after an initial meeting of the grandson, we flopped in to bed, exhausted, but home!
Anyway, tonight we made our way over to the town my little sister lives in to visit. My big sister and her family were able to come over to my parents's hosue today and we had such a wonderful time just hanging out. The boys played sports on the Wii while my sister oohed and aahed over Rusty and I got some much needed snuggles with my two nephews. Around 5:30 we took off for my little sister's place. She had to work today-even though she is due to deliver her baby any day, seriously...we are all just waiting! I'm praying for her to have that baby every day because I know how tired she must be of being pregnant, I clearly remember that feeling! We were excited to see her and her hubby and introduce them to Rusty. What a great night!
We picked up some KFC and just hung out. I sat at the table with some of the family members just talking for a couple of hours. I had been sitting there when suddenly I realized that I had no idea where Rusty was, and I wasn't worried one bit! I hadn't thought about him for over an hour, but I knew that he was somewhere, snuggled with someone, and probably having a great time!
Some of the highlights of the first day at home:
*Seeing my family meet Rusty. It's amazing. I love how much joy he is already bringing to my family.
*Watching my mom and dad with Rusty. I love that they have another adorable grandson to love on. My dad was up early for his job-he works at home a lot-and we got to have some great moments together this morning before anyone else woke up.
*Watching my brother attempt to down a container of gravy for some money tonight...we have a video, I'll work at posting it! It's funny!
*Seeing my husband totally relaxed, playing games with the boys, not worried and stress-free.
*The hugs that I got from each person when I saw them, and the fact that my big sister remembered to hug me first when she saw me today, even though she was longing to see Rusty!
*The great talk we had with my little brother in the car ride to Candace's house and back tonight. He's such a young man now...a great guy, through and through!
*Making it home in the middle of the blizzard tonight! We are HAPPY that we have our 4WD Rav!!! Whew! It was a long trip! We had to go about 30-40 mph the entire way but we made it...and I remembered what a South Dakota snow storm is like!
*My LOOOONNNNNNGGGGG nap this afternoon! It felt GREAT!
*Watching my nephews with Rusty. Oh man, they are so stinking cute! They love him so much and they are just wanting to play with him all day. It's adorable. He is JUST about to roll over regularly, and they were cheering him on tonight.
*Getting the chance to see my little sister pregnant. I know she wants it to be over, but I'm glad I got to see her like that, she is GORGEOUS and ADORABLE!
Okay, I have to get to bed...my eyes are TIRED! There will be more great memories made tomorrow! I'll also try to post some pictures. It's been really fun already!
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!