Thursday, December 18, 2008

One of those days...

A friend of mine coined a phrase that I think is great, and so appropriate if you have ever had a baby. It's called a poonami. Yep, a poo tsunami. I know, I know...I can't believe I'm blogging about my baby's poo either, but until you have experienced one of these poonamis you have no idea what it truly can be like. It's crazy!

Today Rusty had two poonamis! The day started out well. We had a good sleep last night, although he was up pretty early this morning. He was in a good mood so I decided today was the day to get his Santa picture...I'm running out of time, right? I dressed him all up in his cute little Christmas outfit, being careful to put on a bib so he didn't spit up down the front of it, all the while praying that there would not be a poonami in this outfit. God heard my prayers. We made it through the photo, and it even turned out pretty cute! I did a little shopping and we made our way home.

Once we were home I changed him into something a little more comfortable-outfit change number one-and about 5 minutes later you guessed it...POOOOONAAAAMMMMIIIII!!!! It was a big one! Up the back, up the belly, all over the place. I was on the phone with my sister when I discovered it, and trying to change your baby from a poonami and talk at the same time is not something I suggest...it doesn't really work. I finally got him changed and took him out to the living room to feed. It went well. I was playing with him, and later talking to my dad. We were having a nice chat about the events to come in a few days, when suddenly...URP! Spit up, all over Rusty and myself. This meant outfit change number two, and number 1 for me. Yikes!
As I was changing his outfit I heard it...the rumble in the pants that meant...POOOOOONNNAAAMMMMIIIIIIIII #2! Luckily, since I was already changing him this one did not go all over his clothes, and I was able to clean him up without another outfit change.

Whew! He is now down for the count taking a nap in his room. I'm hoping it will last at least an hour or more. I need a chance to recover...and to do some major laundry!



All that being said, Rusty is a dream, and becoming more fun every day. I love seeing his little personality emerge. He loves to smile and is such a character. Today at his Santa picture there was one shot where he was sticking his tongue out at the photographer...classic Rusty. I am wishing in retrospect that I had chosen that picture rather than the one where he is smiling, because sticking his tongue out is just so him! Oh well, he's cute in the other one too.


We are enjoying the winter wonderland right now, but hoping that it disappears before we leave for South Dakota. I'll leave you with a few shots of Rusty enjoying his first dose of REAL snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers