Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Fragility of Life

Life has been a little hairy lately. I find myself feeling...well, I'm not sure even how to express myself...there has been a mix of emotions. A friend's baby is struggling for life...something that makes me hold my own sweet boy close, and check on him often when he is sleeping to make sure he is okay. I have been praying for the little tyke nonstop...it's so scary to see a tiny baby in a fight for life. My heart is aching to see my friend go through this. I can't stop thinking of them and just praying for God to give this little guy strength to fight.


To top it off, my hubby is away. He's on a guy trip, much deserved and I am happy that he got to go, but all of the crazyness went down after he left and left me longing for the secure hug of his strong arms. I will be very glad to get that hug on Thursday when he gets home. Life just isn't the same when he is away. I know that I can't complain because I know many women that sacrifice time with their husbands for months and even a year or more to keep the nation safe, but still, I miss his hugs and hearing his voice praying in my ear as we lie in bed.


My family is gone. We had such a great time with them last week, and I find myself wishing for more. I keep hoping my little brother will walk in the door and I will get some more time with him. He has grown into such an incredible young man, just like I knew he would, and I wish I had more time to just sit and talk to him, and the opportunity to give him more hugs!
My little man gave me great company today, though, and I'm so thankful for him. Moments like these make you appreciate all of the little hugs and giggles...he's just so precious and I thank the Lord for him every day. Moms and dads, go and give your babies hugs...they are a true gift.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers