Today I was reading my devotional and the verse was Psalm 19:1-6.
The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,
which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes circuit to the other;
nothing is hidden from its heat.
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes circuit to the other;
nothing is hidden from its heat.
I was struck by the beauty expressed in this passage. The beauty of the nature that surrounds me has always been one of the things I have loved the most about living here. I always wanted to live near the ocean, but also near the mountains. Growing up in the relatively flat, land-locked state of South Dakota (not that I don't LOVE SD and think it is beautiful!), I wasn't sure it would ever be a possibility. Sometimes I laugh when I think that God heard that simple request that I'm not sure I even audibly made and allowed me to find that perfect place on Earth where the mountains and ocean co-exist in one beautiful picture, and I get to live here!
Since we have moved to this suite, I open up the kitchen window shades every morning and am often greeted by beautiful sunrises. We live up a bit on the mountain, and we can look down at the city that surrounds us. Many mornings, such as this one, the clouds are rising with the coming heat of the day and the picture is simply too beautiful for words. This morning I actually looked out and thought, "Beautiful Lord! Well done!" How fitting then, that the devotional was David's Psalm declaring how the very heavens continually declare the greatness of the Lord.

The Sunrise from our Backyard...thanks to our Landlady, Diane for the great photo!
I'm thankful to live in such a beautiful place where I have constant reminders of God's handiwork surrounding me...He is good, He is great...the heavens declare the very greatness of the Lord.
Definitely a beautiful passage...and beautiful pictures as well.
ReplyDelete"the skies proclaim the work of his hands"
What a thing to read just after our major snow storm last night, haha!!