Image from: Tinfoil.com I've not forgotten this day, much as most of my fellow countrymen have not forgotten. I won't forget waking up early that morning, riding my bike to work. It was a beautiful day, and hardly a soul was out. I remember thinking about people in different places, getting up, going to work, doing their thing. Many of those people were doing those things for the last time.
I was working at the front desk of the residence hall, in my last year of university. I had the CBS morning news on in the background and watched everything unfold before my eyes. Residents came down the stairs, unaware of what was happening. I called my parents and told them to turn on the news. I sat, in shock.
My shift ended and I had to go to class. I remember sitting there thinking how crazy it was that we were still in class. Many people still didn't even know what was happening and as a nation we were still gripped in the fear and terror of "What is going on? What is going to happen next?"
The day is still as fresh in my mind as though it was yesterday. I haven't forgotten. I won't forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!