Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mmmmm!

The title says it all. The last few days have been days of YUM! Let me fill you in.

On Friday night I had my first ever book club! I decided to start a book club this year...it's something I have always wanted to do and it was fantastic! I really think it's going to be wonderful. The women are great, the conversation was stimulating, and the books! AMAZING! I'll write about that some other time though. For one of the desserts I made a blueberry crumble that turned out divine! I'm NEVER buying crumble again...it is so easy to make! Plus, when I make it myself I can double the recipe for the crumble part because hey, we all know that the crumble is the best part! Yum! Crumble with vanilla ice cream. I'm enjoying a second helping tonight-which also happens to be my second dessert of the day! Take that, work out!


Last night was another night of YUM! My best friend and I went down town to celebrate her birthday-which was today!-and we went for Thai food. I have a bit of a thing for Thai food, but don't eat it often because it's not Kevin's favorite. Any chance we get to have something different, we take, so Seren and I went to Thai house and split some Pad Thai and yellow curry. Oh, the sweet coconut flavours mixed with the rice and spicy sauce. YUM! I enjoyed leftovers today for lunch!


We followed our awesome dinner with a trip to True Confections. If you have never been there, you must go. The hardest part about going there is deciding which amazing dessert to partake of. Last night I tried the Mocha Buttercream cake...delicious! It was huge though, so I couldn't finish and had to bring some home, thus my two dessert day today!


Another good YUM thing is that Rusty seems to be eating more regular people food. I was starting to wonder. He has been eating chicken pieces and a few other things for quite some time, but lately I have just been trying different things we are eating with him. He has lately had some of our coconut roasted chicken, potato/leek soup, some of my banana muffin today and tonight enjoyed some good old Kraft Dinner. I'm sure some moms out there are shuddering saying they would NEVER give THEIR baby Kraft Dinner and that is fine, for them! Rusty LOVED it! He couldn't shovel the stuff in fast enough and later on I let him try it with a little bit of ketchup. That was a huge hit as well! He dipped each little piece of KD in the ketchup and then ate it right up. I'm just happy to see him eating more big people food! It hopefully means meal prep will continue to be easier as time passes.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo...I don't think it's a book club, I think it's really a dessert club!


    My baby book says I loved ketchup, but so far I can't get RJ to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers