Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Stay At Home Mom

The working life of a teacher on call is not very busy in the weeks leading up to Christmas! I had three days of work last week, but have not had a call this week, and don't really expect to! This, combined with the fact that we only have one car right now so I am home during the day with Rusty, leads me to TRULY be a stay-at-home mom.

Most of the days that I don't get work and I am home with Rusty, I tend to make plans with friends, run errands, and not really stay at home, except for his nap time. Yesterday we couldn't leave, so we were home for the entire day. It was GREAT! I really loved just being home, with no pressure to go anywhere, not even the option!

Rusty and I had such a fantastic day! Here's the lowdown on what we did:
  • Stayed in our pajamas until 3 p.m.!
  • Cleaned out the fridge
  • Danced around the kitchen to the music on my computer
  • Watched Veggie Tales "The Star of Christmas"
  • Cleaned the entire kitchen INCLUDING mopping the floors and even scrubbing the cabinets!
  • SKYPED with my dad...Rusty LOVES seeing my family members on Skype!
  • Played in the snow outside, Rusty loved it all, except for when he face planted. He is NOT a fan of having the cold stuff on his face!
  • Addressed Christmas cards
  • Played blocks
  • Played with puzzles
  • Read A LOT of books
  • Played with the bouncy ball in the kitchen
  • Washed and folded all of the towels
  • Enjoyed lots of snuggles and giggles
That's just some of it! It's amazing what you can accomplish with a day at home! Today has been another good one! I just finished making a batch of homemade cranberry pistachio biscotti!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:36 PM

    Sounds absolutly wonderful!!! I am also a stay at home mom and I also love it. Gives me a chance to get alot done and be here for when the kids get home from school. I just love reading your blogs.

    Bless you,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers