Saturday, February 27, 2010

A change of perspective

Lately I have been in a bit of a funk. I guess that's what I would call it. Life has been really busy. I am working hard on my new online Spanish 12 job, I've been working as a TOC, we have been unpacking our home, we have been attending Olympic events, and we have been on the go. I don't know why, but I was complaining a bit about how busy I was, how tired I was, and just getting on the poor me train.

Tonight Kevin and I went to church...it was good. That's all I can really say. It's hard to explain the message, or how it even got me to the point that I am at right now. I'm not sure if it even was the message, or the reflection that it caused within me. Somewhere along the way I stopped thinking about how tired I was and how busy I was and ended up thinking about how blessed I am.

I thought about my job. It's been busy and a huge learning curve, but really it is a dream job for me! I love the Internet and the amazing things that it has brought into my life. I love my husband and my son. This job allows me to spend more time with them, on the schedule that I plan. Sure, it has been busy, but it is from home! I can be sitting on the couch watching one of our favorite shows with my husband while creating course content, or working on marking while my son takes a nap. It's a dream job!

I haven't minded TOCing. It is busy and some mornings when I get a 5 a.m. call for work I get frustrated that I am even awake at 5 a.m., but then I get to the school and have a fun day with the kids and enjoy the drive home in my quiet car and there it is, it's not so bad!

Unpacking our home has been taking longer than I thought. There are a lot of things I would LIKE to do, but let's face it, we did not buy a house with one of those money trees growing in the backyard-maybe we should have looked harder for that feature???-so some things are going to have to wait. In the meantime, we LOVE our house. We love the backyard and watching Rusty kick the ball around. We love having two bathrooms! We love having a big, bright kitchen-that is rapidly changing thanks to my father-in-law's painting skills! We love our big living room and the new floors and the paint colors and just the fact that it is OURS. It may be taking time to get it to where we want it, and yes, I am still handwashing dishes because our dishwasher is not yet installed but we have a kitchen! We have a sink with clean water that I can wash my dishes in! We have cupboards full of dishes, and boxes full of memories. We have warm, soft beds to sleep in at night and we have a place all our own. What a huge blessing!

As for the Olympic events, well who can complain about that!? Who can complain that they were out late because they were at the women's short program for figure skating with a dear friend? Who can complain about the incredible vibe downtown, the fact that everyone is so patriotic, and the world is at our doorstep, enjoying one of those great events that is probably a once in a lifetime experience? I certainly won't complain! Having the Olympics here has been far better than I ever imagined. I'm going to have to devote an entire post to it!

I sat in church thinking about all of these things, wondering why I was complaining about how busy I was when everything that was keeping me busy was such a great blessing. I wanted to just shout out, "I'm so thankful! I'm so happy! I'm so blessed!" I know that life is not always easy-and in fact difficult circumstances in our lives was part of my 'funk,' but life is GOOD.
I mean really! How can you look at that face and NOT think life is good?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers