This picture pretty much sums up life in our household right now. It is life with a boy that is obsessed with hockey and being outside. From the moment he wakes up he points outside saying "Ball...ball!" He knows that we keep his big, blue ball out there and constantly wants to be out there enjoying it. I'm very thankful to have a boy that loves the outdoors so much. I can't wait for this summer when I can take him to the beach, to the park more often, and just let him run around in our yard in his shorts and t-shirt.
The other part of the photo?? That's hockey. Rusty has discovered hockey! I don't know if it was due to the Olympics or what, but right now it is ALL about hockey. He is convinced that his dad is a professional hockey player, and any time there is a hockey game on television-even if Kevin is sitting right next to him-he points to the tv and says "Dada!" I was watching the gold medal hockey game here with Rusty and when Sidney Crosby scored the game winning goal Rusty pointed, nodded, and shouted "DADA!" with glee in his voice. Kev was pretty impressed that Rusty thinks he has the skills of Sidney Crosby! I'm not sure how Rusty made the connection, since he only went to one of Kev's games this year and it was about four months ago, but he knows his dad plays hockey! Every time we go downstairs to do laundry he points to Kevin's hockey sticks and says "Dad! Dad!"
Today, his papa made his day...he brought him his VERY own hockey stick! He immediately started running around the house with it, and I quickly had to let him know that hockey is an OUTSIDE sport. We promised that after his-DREADED-haircut, he could come home and play hockey with Papa. Boy was he excited when we pulled into the driveway after the torture session. He was out there and ready to go.
I'm not sure, maybe it really is in the blood of many Canadians? Somehow hockey has entered our household, and I think it might be here to stay. I'm okay with that, I can't wait to see my little munchkin toddling around the ice in a Tim Bit jersey...won't he be the cutest little Tim Bit you ever did see???
Tuesday, March 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago

Is Tim Bit going to be his new nickname? :)
ReplyDeleteWe got RJ a hockey stick for Christmas. He couldn't care less about it. But that could be because we're not really a hockey family.
And we call ourselves Canadians?!?! hehe
I have to say when I saw Sidney Crosby being interviewed I thought he does kinda look like Kevin, ha. Funny that the hockey stick was what Rusty gravitated towards at our house to!
ReplyDelete