Monday, March 15, 2010

Just Getting Ready

We're just getting ready!  We went out and bought Rusty his first potty this weekend.  I don't really think that he's ready, but I think that it doesn't hurt for him to get used to it.  We made a big deal out of it, showing him that it was his potty and that he could use it!  We clapped when he sat on it and made a big deal out of him closing the lid when he stood up.

I don't plan to push him into it any time soon, but I was encouraged when he woke up from his nap today, pooped, and ran right into the potty and sat down...fully clothed.  Good thing he had a diaper on!

2 comments:

  1. For the first time I can see a little it of your husband in Caden (in these pictures). His little face is getting more mature looking. Of course, I've only seen Kevin in pictures so maybe this is deceiving! He looks so much like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think it's rare that an 18 month child is actually READY to be potty trained. However, I'm sure there will be many to tell me how wrong I am. But I think it's a great age to start introducing the potty!

    We started putting RJ on the potty when he was 6 months old and so many people laughed at us, thinking we were crazy. What they didn't understand is that, we weren't actually trying to potty train him then! We just had the potty given to us and thought, why not!?

    Right now he's at the point where he knows what sitting on the potty is. He knows when you sit you have to pee and then you have to wipe! And then you clap and say, Good Boy! haha

    Probably in the summer he'll be at a communication level where he can tell us when he has to pee? I don't know. But I do know that I'm not stressing out about training him.

    Rusty looks so cute on his potty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers