I've been enjoying a few of my favorite things these past few days. They are things that make me happy, that make me smile. We enjoyed a little bit of this.
Baking with the munchkin is one of my favorite things to do! He rarely makes it all the way through the recipe and he often doesn't really enjoy the results-I don't know how he is my son...I love sweets! He does, however, love the momma time and being my big boy helper. I had a craving for good, old-fashioned Snickerdoodles! My aunt used to make these and have them fresh on the counter when we arrived home from school. I don't think mine were quite as good as hers, but they came pretty close. I decided that I need a cookie jar. I'm a mom, I have my own home, my own mixer, my own 1970's faux marble countertop...the perfect accessory for that countertop would be a cookie jar! I'll have to work on that one, and then make sure that it is always full of something delicious and home baked.
This morning I woke up feeling a little fuzzy. I did not get a work call, which I was actually expecting. With an unexpected open morning ahead of me, I decided to pack Rusty up and head for the beach. It's a gray, overcast day, but I didn't care. I felt the need to be surrounded by the sharp cry of the seagull, the green, moss-covered rocks and salty sea air of Stanley Park. My irritating fuzziness blew away in the crisp fresh air as Rusty and I took a walk in the rain. These days are the kind that I bought the stroller rain cover for, today it was great to put it to use! By the time I was done with my walk, the rain had stopped and Rusty enjoyed running around in the Second Beach playground. It was all his own, as no other moms and kids were braving the overcast skies.
Ah, two of my favorite things, with one of my favorite guys.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago



what awesome memories you are building...I bet the cookies were delicious and I can imagine the beach air smelled so crisp and clean
ReplyDelete