This is a "make up for it" day. These are the days when I like to think that I'm making up for the days when I just want to sit on the couch or stay in bed or I simply manage to sludge my way through the day.
Today is a good day...in fact, it's bordering on great. Last night I had a little breakdown. My hubby and I went for a "date" at Tim Horton's before going to a party with a bunch of friends and suddenly I was breaking down telling him how I'm feeling. How I feel like I have about ten balls in the air at a time, I think I'm dropping them all some days, and anyway...I digress. Back to today and the great day that it is.
Strangely, even with the time change and the fact that I was out late last night, I woke up feeling ready to go. I was off to church to work in the nursery, which was just a BLESSING! We had some little babies in there and I had the chance to snuggle with one almost the entire time, and the other kiddos were being so sweet and...calm! Strange for our time slot, but nonetheless...calm!
Then it was home, ready for church, and off with MY two boys! Church this morning was awesome. Great worship time throughout, amazing message! It was a reminder to pray for our leaders, to really keep them protected by prayer. I admit, sometimes I forget this huge step, and was thankful for the reminder and also challenged to think about how I could reach into their lives and try to refresh them! One of the best things about church was sitting for an hour with my hubby's arm wrapped tightly around me!
This afternoon I cleaned my house...and I liked it. That is a shocker...I'm not one that generally likes cleaning. I did it while the munchkin was sleepy and my hubby was applying our grout sealer-new tiles in the entry, yay! I didn't feel like I was missing out on time with them, I had energy, I had a moment and I just did it! It felt good! It's nice to sweep those dust bunnies up and know that they are gone, at least for today! It felt great to mop the floors and to dust and to straighten things up. I enjoyed doing laundry!
We also have some of our dearest friends coming over to visit tonight! I'm SO excited. We love them so much and we haven't spent time with them in forever. We are going to have delicious dessert-my easy peasy blueberry crumble with vanilla ice cream...yumm!, watch an Oscar winning movie, talk and just be together.
Finally, I just came out from snuggling with the munchkin to find my husband doing the dishes. Oh, and he followed it by saying "Thanks for all of the hard work you've been doing today honey!" Life is good.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!