Thursday, March 11, 2010

My little cupcake

Can I eat him?  Seriously.  The munchkin is all kinds of adorable these days.  I find myself wanting to squish the stuffing out of him on a regular basis.  He is just so funny, so pleasant, so...adorable!  Maybe it is the calm before the terrible 2s storm, but I am going to enjoy this calm.  I am crazy, madly, insanely in love with this kid.  That ache that I was talking about...the one left in my heart from our last miscarriage...he seems to be trying his best to fill it up.  Today he did well, my heart is full to bursting.

He understands us, so well.  He is learning about challenging us, but also starting to respond to our guidance.  Every time we have a victory in that area I am just so proud of him.  He does this adorable thing, where he is so very shy when he first meets someone, he buries his little head in my shoulder and just gives me the tightest hug.  Then, five minutes later, he is waving to the person, blowing kisses, and showering them with love.  Today we met up with some friends at a coffee shop and when I said, "Say hi!" he buried his little head into the table, looking out shyly from the side.  TOO cute!

Yesterday he was so sweet and being so good that I couldn't help it.  I just had to take him to one of our favorite parks.  He flew in the air on the swings, slid down the slide, ran around in the big open grassy area, and just giggled with absolute glee!

Today in the car we were on our way home.  It was an hour past his nap time, and we had a bit of a drive, but the sweetie was just giggling.  He would say "MAMA!  Mama!" and then when I said "What?!?"  He would go "AHHHHhhhhh gahhhh!" followed by a huge giggle.  It was too much!  Then he was playing with his little airplane, flying it through the air, complete with zooming noises and I glanced back, said, "I love you Buddy!" and he just gave me that precious, shy smile.  I am so blessed.

If he were a cupcake, I'd eat him right up!

1 comment:

  1. RJ does the same thing when meeting new people, it's adorable!!

    He is a sweet cupcake. Don't eat him though because I like seeing the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers