Sunday, April 04, 2010

Weekend Update: Part One-A getaway!

We finally did it!  Almost 19 months to the DAY after Rusty was born, we took our FIRST getaway together as a couple.  Remember back here, when I wrote about this weekend?  I wrote hoping that it would motivate us to actually take the trip, and we did!

It almost had its hiccups.  We didn't get the hotel that we originally hoped to get for the price we thought we were going to have.  Then, we decided we didn't care.  We needed this.  Kev got online, found another hotel, and the trip was on.

I am sad to say that I forgot my camera!  ME!  The camera freak, the lady that will probably someday be called "Auntie Paparazzi!"  I forgot my camera.  Maybe that was a sign from God that I needed to not worry about taking pictures and just enjoy a weekend with my hubby.  I do have one picture...Auntie Lee Lee took it on her iPhone before we left so she would have a picture to show sweet Rusty when he asked about us.  Can you see how excited we are to get away?  Yeah, that excited!

We took off on Friday afternoon when Rusty woke up from his nap.  I was all ready for him to freak out when we left together, but he barely noticed we were leaving.  No crying, nothing...just into Auntie's arms and ready to play.  Huh.  It would bode well for the rest of his time with her.

We drove away and I felt...weird.  Weird to be leaving my son overnight with someone other than my husband.  Weird that I didn't feel scared about it.  Weird that I was so excited about it!

The borders were yet another magical sign that this trip was meant to be.  We listened to the report and heard that one of the borders had reduced to a 30 minute wait...on a long weekend...when the Canadian dollar is almost on par with the US dollar.  Huh.  Imagine that!  It took us exactly 26 minutes to get through and we were on our way!

Because we got through so quickly we got to do my favorite thing first, shopping! A few hours later we left with new Lulu pants and a hoody, SIX pairs of shoes-yes SIX, for the price of TWO!  If you can believe it, one of the outlets was having a buy one pair get TWO free sale!  Seriously!  Both Kevin and I went in needing one pair of very specific shoes, which we found and left with two extra pairs FOR FREE!  We also managed to find some things for Rusty.

We finished the night with Olive Garden-Grilled Chicken Marsala for him, Seafood Alfredo for me-can you say YUM, and then made our way to our hotel.  I was so surprised!  It was so adorable!  It seemed like a bed and breakfast in the way it was set up, and after a FREE upgrade to a king-sized bed, a free movie to watch while snuggling in bed-compliments of the front desk, and just some great time together, I drifted off to sleep on the massive, comfy bed.  I didn't wake up until 9.  NINE!  We slept until nine!

After waking, we laid in bed, then wandered down for our deluxe breakfast-waffles yum!-and then came back up and laid in bed until 11!  ELEVEN a.m. people...amazing!

Ah, it was a great weekend.  It was a throw back to old times weekend.  We capped it off by heading out to Kev's hockey game last night.  The man looked good. 
I sat there, enjoying the game-thank you Papa for babysitting Rusty!-and was so proud of my guy.  He even scored a goal, after which I got "the look" (you ladies know how nice it is, that little look your man gives you, letting you know he scored that goal just for you!) and to top it all off they WON...in overtime!  It was a playoff game, so hopefully next week I can take Rusty to see Daddy play.

By the way, in case you're wondering, Rusty did great!  He slept great-even slept IN for Auntie-and when we finally picked him up at 3:30 from Nana's house he barely even acknowledged us. "What, you guys were gone?  I didn't even notice!"  Ha, good thing I didn't spend time worrying!

1 comment:

  1. Laura3:12 PM

    I'm so glad you guys got away and had a great, restful time!
    I'm a huge fan of getaways!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers