I love those unexpectedly blissful days. Today I had some plans, and part of those plans were to drop Rusty off at his grandparents' house. He absolutely loves it there, Papa is one of his best friends and he always talks about Nana and that she reads to him and does the puzzles. They are patient, loving, gentle, and every time I drop him off there he barely notices me leaving, as he is already off and running.
I had some things to do, and one was scheduled right in the middle of Rusty's naptime, thus his little visit to Nana and Papa. I was able to accomplish everything I wanted to do, and then some! I love it when I'm efficient enough to experience some random acts of bliss on a Friday afternoon.
Blissful experience #1? I discovered a new tasty drink. I happened to pop into a new coffee shop near the dollar store and they were advertising a chocolate dipped strawberry mocha on ice. Doesn't that simply sound divine? Trust me, it was! I had to go for the decaf version since it was too late for caffeine, but man was it tasty! I haven't had a coffee treat for a very long time, and this one was definitely worth the wait.
After my errands, I had a little more time before Rusty would be done with his nap. Hmmm...what to do with an extra half an hour? I know! Check something off of my summer to do list: get a start summer pedicure! Blissful experience #2 on deck! I found a spa that I didn't even know about-but will certainly be returning to-that does mini pedicures for half the price of a regular one! I still got the foot soak, oils, polish change, and lotion but no scrub. For me, it didn't really matter...I enjoyed the time sitting there reading a magazine and being pampered...the scrub would have been nice, but at this point not worth the extra $40 or so! I came out with divine toes and a new outlook-not to mention ending just in time for Rusty to wake up! Perfect!
Oh the fiery red with gold flecks just screams SUMMER IS HERE! Maybe the weather will listen to my toes!
The day was capped off with blissful experience #3, when Rusty and I arrived home to find some new toys sitting in the driveway! Well, new to us that is! Turns out our neighbors were moving and had some kids' toys to get rid of, so they brought them over to us. Rusty scored a toddler basketball hoop for the backyard, a little metal tricycle-which does need some tender love-, and a sweet Radio Flyer scooter! He went right for the little scooter and was absolutely delighted with its little bell. Ding! Ding! The basketball hoop was a huge hit and as I was inside prepping things for dinner I could hear him squealing as he played with his Daddy. Those moments are absolute sunshine in my life...a little boy at peace with the world and loving his daddy something fierce, it's perfection.
Don't you just love the simplicity of it? A child enjoying a classic toy on a sunny afternoon!
A perfect day simply can't be complete without the company of good friends. Blissful experience #4 topping it all off! I had a lightbulb moment on my way to Costco, and called up some friends to see if they could come over for an early evening bbq. They were available, and Rusty and his little buddy, one of his oldest friends, had a blast running around the backyard and splashing in the water table. We topped it off with grilled cheeseburgers, corn on the cob and pasta salad. YUM!
A perfect day in my books! And to think the summer is just beginning!
Friday, June 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago



What a great afternoon...I think I'll book a pedicure!!!
ReplyDeleteI like the little butterfly on your foot!