So, the baby has a nickname! It's all thanks to my little niece. We were talking about babies and her mom-my best friend Nessa-is also pregnant. She is 10 weeks ahead of me, and they have nicknamed their baby Peanut. I told R that I needed a nickname for my baby too! I said it had to be something that could work for a boy or a girl, since we didn't know. She thought for a moment, then her adorable eyes got bright and she said, "PICKLE! It will be Peanut and Pickle!" Well, that seemed just perfect, so Pickle it is.
Little Pickle has been letting his or her presence be made known! Not only are there little wiggles and bumps these days, but I am 99% sure this wee one is lodged upon my bladder, because I have had to use the washroom about 1,112 times this afternoon alone. I'm not drinking THAT much water! It is hot, but seriously! I'm thankful though, and last night as I was lying in bed Pickle and I had a special little time. I was staying at my sister's house after a girls' night out. My boys were staying back with my parents so I was all alone. Just as I started praying for Pickle the little miracle started wiggling, thumping and bumping around in there. I just started smiling and enjoyed each small movement. What an incredible blessing!
Pickle is about 19 weeks now! This time it seems to be FLYING by. I have definitely enjoyed being more active again. Our doctor has said that she felt once we were past the 13 or 14 week mark I could probably start doing activities again. Since coming to SD I have gone on a four mile round trip hike up Bear Butte with Kev and my bro and his wife, done a few rounds of golf, and just enjoyed being out and about with my family. It feels good to be using my muscles again! The baby is growing a lot. I can definitely feel my belly stretching out now...although it didn't happen quite as fast as I thought it would with a second baby. The two weeks that we have been here have shown quite a lot of growth though, and a pair of pants I brought that fit before we left no longer does! It's exciting, growth for all of the right reasons, and proof that this baby is doing well.
One a different note, we enjoyed a few days in the Hills with my cousins this week. We all camped out in their fifth wheel and had a blast. Kevin commented that he probably didn't know many people that we could stay in that confined of a space with and not get annoyed. There was no annoyance, just a lot of fun, good conversations, laughter and good food. Vanessa and I are both pregnant-she is 10 weeks ahead of me. We have been friends since 8th grade, and she has two great kids that Rusty ADORES. We have dreamed of being pregnant together, and now we are! I can't wait to see the little miracle in her belly, and she can't wait to meet mine! We think that our kiddos will probably have a lot of fun together as the years go by, and we are feeling blessed to be going through this experience together!
One of our days together we went up to Keystone to have some fun. It's just a fun, touristy place. The kids enjoyed seeing the 1880 train and we did the Alpine Slides. We also did something I have wanted to do for years-and surprisingly my husband was totally on board! We got old time photos done! Rusty was the cutest little cowboy you ever did see, and we also enjoyed doing one with the three kiddos. They all cooperated so well and the end was result was pure adorableness. I was amazed at how well Rusty behaved, as he had not had a nap and had been going all day. He was so excited to be wearing the little cowboy boots! It's the South Dakotan in him, I know it!
I hope to give more details of the vacation time when we get home, but can't make any promises! Rusty's 2nd birthday is coming up so I have to prep for that as well as getting ready...sniff...to go back to work! Things are going to get busy! We fly away on a plane in just two days...I'm getting a little sad thinking about how long it could be before we are back here. My little sis gave me the greatest news yesterday though, that she is going to fly up in February once the baby is born! I am so incredibly excited that she will be there to meet this little one so quickly. Off to bed...I was so tired today I started crying for no reason...oh yeah, and I am pregnant and cry easily anyway!
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago




Pickles was the nickname we gave K when she was in my tummy! L made some comment about the baby eating pickles in my tummy all the time and it just stuck! So funny that your niece came up with the same sort of thing! And I must say I love the picture of you guys in jail and Rusty on guard! Hilarous!
ReplyDeleteCrying easily...no that doesn't sound familiar at all! hehe
ReplyDeleteI love your old timey pictures!
That's so cute, Pickle. It's nice being pregnant at the same time as your pal isn't it? I was pregnant at the same time as my sis, and I loved sharing all the different stages.
ReplyDeleteI gotta say, I don't miss the getting up to go the bathroom every 15 minutes. I think it's maybe God's way of easing us into sleep deprivation once the baby's born :)