Right now, I am loving this man more than ever. He has been amazing.
- He drops Rusty off and picks him up every single day from daycare. This isn't always easy. Take Tuesday morning, for example. Rusty had been used to being home with us all weekend long, and even though he loves "school" and his teacher, Miss Kimmy, he did not want to leave Daddy. Period. He cried and cried when Kev dropped him off. I'm so thankful that I don't have to do that dropoff...I don't think my poor momma heart could take it.
- He has been taking such good care of me. Every night he asks me what he can do to help me. We make up a list and divide and conquer. I know that he hates it, but there he is, broom in hand, sweeping our laminate. Then he has the cleaning spray out and is wiping down the counters and tables, loading up the dishwasher, folding towels...whatever it takes to keep me sane and keep our household running!
- He is constantly monitoring my sleep, but in such a sweet way. Even now I'm getting looks from him. He knows that I'm exhausted, and I should probably be heading to bed, but he also knows how much I need to get this all out there and down. He does ask me, however, every so often, "so, are you just about ready for bed?"
- He called me on my first day of school during lunch just to check up and make sure that I am doing ok.
- Tonight, he said, "I don't see ANY reason at all that you should ever need to do the grocery shopping! Why can't I just go after work before I pick up Rusty? Wouldn't that make life easier for you?" How does he come up with these things!
- He gives me hugs...lots of them. He rubs my back. He gets me a piece of cake or a bowl of ice cream when I'm craving it. He just takes care of me!
- He is constantly amazing me as a dad. Man, Rusty LOVES his dad. Every day when they get home from daycare at about 4:30 they go out into the yard and play soccer, bowling, basketball...whatever Rusty wants, his dad does it. He gives Rusty tons of hugs, tells him he loves him so much that Rusty now finishes the phrase when he says it, and jokes around with him all of the time. I love seeing the bond between the two of them. It makes my heart happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!