Friday, September 10, 2010

One down, 14 to go

Wow, I have great friends!  I mean, I knew that of course, but I really do have GREAT friends.  I'll get to that later.

Today was the last day of my first week back to work full time.  I'm a full time, pregnant, working mother and wife.  It's a pretty busy life.  I'm not complaining though, it's actually quite an amazing life!  This first week was wonderful.  Some highlights:
  • Today when two of my Writing 12 students came into my classroom and told me they were actually excited to work on the informative essay I was having them do.  They said, "This is the first time we remember being excited to write an essay!"  It probably isn't me, but it still made me feel good, like already I'm doing something right.
  • Rusty and how well he is doing at daycare.  He has cried every morning this week when he was dropped off, but every afternoon when Kev picks him up he is beyond happy and bubbling over with excitement at his fun day.  He tells us all about his teacher, Miss Kimmy.  Every time we go to visit someone lately he thinks we are going to see her...I think he has a bit of a crush!  We hear "Miss Kimmy this and Miss Kimmy that."  I am so thrilled to see that he loves her so much, and she thinks he is great too!  Today when Kev picked Rusty up, she told Kevin how sweet she thinks our boy is and told him yet again how much she loves having him there.  Ahhh, sweet words for a parent to hear!
  • We had real, home-cooked food every single night this week.  I made meals-except tonight, which I will get to soon.  One of my biggest fears is that I will revert to frozen pizzas, etc because I'm just too tired to cook, but this week proved I can do it.  I planned the week out last Sunday, did our grocery shopping and tried to be on the ball.  Kev was a great help, putting stuff in the oven if he got home first, thawing out that meat, or whatever.  I've already started planning next week, with the help of Facebook and friends!  I put out the call for healthy recipes that are easy and have gotten some GREAT ideas.  Next week looks easier than this one!
  • I made it to work on time or early every single day!  This means getting myself out of bed at 6:30 every morning and actually thinking about what I want to wear before 9 a.m.-my usual get dressed time when home with Rusty!-but it wasn't that bad.  The big thing is just to make sure I get to bed each night at a good time.
  • I stayed pretty caught up with the house!  This is very much thanks to my amazing husband!  He really helps out around here, and I even got the bathtub and toilet scrubbed the other night.  AND the laundry isn't piled up!  PHEW!
  • My students are already comfortable with me and we have had some great chats already!  I am so excited about this.  I hoped this would be the case since a lot of them knew me from when I subbed there last year, and they are great.  I have even had students that aren't in my own classes stop by to chat some days this week.  That's what I love about this job.
  • I feel like I have still had good time with Rusty every day, despite working.  Kev and I have made a point of really focusing on spending the time right away when we get home until he goes to bed solely with him, and it's been great.  Lots of play time in the yard, lots of stories, and oh so many snuggles!
  • Little Pickle is going nuts with movement these days!  I have loved this so much.  Rusty didn't move much, or if he did I didn't feel it due to the placement of the placenta, so feeling this little one flipping and wiggling around so much is such a total blessing.  All day long my little companion is there with me, reminding me of its presence with a jab here and a wiggle there.  
On to my great friends.  Tonight we got calls from THREE different sets of friends inviting us for dinner!  They are so sweet...I know they are all trying to take care of me and of our family.  We took the first offer that came our way, and had to laugh when the other two friends called us shortly after.  I enjoyed the evening with our friends and the dinner she made was amazing.  I feel so loved to have these people thinking of us, praying for us, and doing their best to take care of us.  I had another friend contact me and offer to have a freezer cooking session tomorrow!  We are going to meet at 1 and make a bunch of meals that we can put in our freezers to have on hand.  I am very excited about this, as it means more healthy food for my family on hand!  We are so surrounded by good people.

It does sound lame to me, but it is 9:15 and I can hardly keep my eyes open.  My poor hubby has to leave in 30 minutes for a hockey game, and I think I'm going to head to bed!  BED!  At 9:15 on a FRIDAY night...I don't even feel bad about it.

Here's to week one being done!  14 to go until Christmas break!

1 comment:

  1. When you say FOURTEEN weeks, it seems like nothing. Just fourteen short weeks until Christmas. After that you'll be getting used to a whole new routine!

    Glad you've been able to keep up with things around the house. Don't get down on yourself if you have a few chaotic weeks and things start to pile up. Of course you already know that spending time with your boy is the most important :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers