Today was officially the last day of summer. This summer was full of all kinds of wonderful, making it a big, fat, happy memory in our book of life. With the sun beating down and the air hinting at the cool, crisp air of the fall to come, I wanted to make the most of the last afternoon of summer that was left to us.
I made my way home at an earlier than normal time, and on the way a plan began to form. I love fish and chips. All summer long I have been craving the golden, crispy, salty and fishy taste of the fish and chips from Pajo's, a place at one of our beaches near by. When I drove into the driveway to realize that my husband and son were not yet home, I knew it was time to put my plan into action. I called Kevin, and when he asked what our plans for the evening were, I declared that it was time to make one last trip to our favorite beach, and to end it with a tasty dish of fish and chips.
I was surprised at how readily he agreed, and as soon as they got home we were off for the park. Rusty was pretty excited when we said we were heading to the beach, and when he heard that we were going to eat there too it was like heaven! So much excitement for that little boy!
Some of the sunshine that filled our afternoon and evening:
*We checked out our shadows and watched them play with one another.
*Rusty took the crunchy autumn leaves and tossed them into the water. He also gave some hugs and snuggles.
*Rusty and Daddy took a walk together on their way to the wharf, pudgy, little Rusty hand tucked neatly into big, strong Daddy hand.
*We scarfed down some tasty fish and chips at the rough, weather beaten tables of Pajos Fish and Chips shack, a summer staple in the area.
*Rusty topped it all off by begging for time at the playground, to which we happily agreed!
The outpouring of sunshine made this precious, last day of summer a gift for our little family. Goodbye Summer! We will miss you...come back soon.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!