Friday, September 24, 2010

101 Things in 1001 Days

I'm pretty excited.  Today on my lunch break I was perusing my friend Michelle's blog.  I call her a friend even though I have never met her because hey, that's the way the blogging world works!  Her post today was all about apple picking and how it had fulfilled #52 on her 101 Things to Do List.  I was wondering "WHAT is a 101 Things to Do List?"  When I saw what she was doing here, I was hooked.  I love these sorts of things. 

I'm sure many of you have seen or at least heard of the Bucket List, it's the list of things you hope to do before you die.  I have a list like that, of sorts.  I have written about it on here before.  The 101 Things to Do in 1001 Days is a bit different, though, and I think I like it even more.  It is a list of 101 things that you want to do in about the next 2.75 years.  That seems reasonable!  They don't have to be huge things, but some of them could be.  The point is, it gets you going.  It gets you out of your comfort zone.  Attempting new things sometimes is something we put on the back burner because we are afraid.  It might not even be a NEW thing...it could be as simple as hanging that darn picture that you have been meaning to hang for the last year-accomplished by me last weekend!  Darn, I can't put that on the list!  I like this, and I'm in the process of compiling my own list of 101 things.  It will be posted on here under my headings, and just as Michelle does, I will keep track of how I am doing with these things.  Check back often!  I will probably post updates in my actual postings as well.  It's going to take me awhile to get it up there, because I have to think a bit about the 101 things I actually want to do, but I'm excited.  I'm anticipating.  I'm motivated.  I'm...going to need the help of my husband, friends and family for some of them.  Look out, I MAY be calling YOU!

1 comment:

  1. We are totally friends and don't you forget it! Can't wait to see your list!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers