Saturday, September 25, 2010

Blabbering On

Some people call this stream-of-consciousness writing, but I'll just call it a little dose of me blabbering on.  I have a few various things on my mind today and no way to neatly tie them all together, so I'll just put it all out there.

+This weekend Kev is away for a guys' weekend.  He and the boys are hitting the links today-lucky boy, he got GORGEOUS weather for it-and then heading down to Seattle to spend the night and go to a Seahawks game tomorrow.  Don't feel bad for me, I'm actually really glad he could go.  At first I was a little worried about him being gone, me being tired and needing to rest, and handling Rusty and all of that, but it's going to be ok!  Kevin really needs this time away with his guys.  He has known some of these guys since childhood, and every time he does something with them he has an amazing time and comes back feeling refreshed.  Another side note is that he came down with a cold yesterday, so we're thinking it is probably actually a good time for him to be gone so he doesn't pass those germs on to Rusty or I!

+I get my time soon.  A good friend of mine and I are planning a girls' weekend in Vancouver in November.  We're going to stay at a nice hotel, go to a play, have a nice dinner and just enjoy being out, the two of us, having a good time.  I also am going to get a weekend away with my hubby and some friends in late October.  We will be taking a trip across to border to Seattle for a football game and I think-I hope!-we will be going the night before as well and doing a little shopping and stay at a hotel.  Kev's parents will be back from their cruise by then, and hopefully craving some Rusty time, so I'm thinking they will probably agree to keep him overnight!

+Rusty finally slept in this morning!  AHHHH!  It felt so good and couldn't have come at a better time.  Since I started working he's been waking up very early.  Our daycare lady suggested putting him down half an hour later for bed at night and sticking with it for an entire week, even if it seemed like it wasn't working.  Well, it was almost a week to the day and he finally slept in...until 8!  I don't think he will do that every day, but it's MUCH better than the 5:40 a.m. he woke at the other day!  Yikes!  I am hoping it is a trend that will continue, and this mom was very thankful to have that extra hour of sleep this morning on my Saturday.  Thank you son, thank you!

+This morning Rusty and I took Kev's parents downtown to board their cruise.  They're going to be gone for almost three weeks!  They head down along the coast, through the Panama canal and over to Ft. Lauderdale.  I am very glad that they have this chance to get away.  I think that they really deserve it and I hope they eat a lot of really good desserts on my behalf.  We had a chance to go on a cruise with them once and we really enjoyed it.  I ate two desserts every single night.  Amazingly I didn't gain any weight.  We will really miss them, but it is good for them to be enjoying retirement!  I was supposed to just drop them off at the skytrain and they would take that down, but I thought it would be good for Rusty to see their actual boat so when he asks where they are in the next few weeks-which I know he will do because he loves them a lot-we can say, "Remember Nana and Papa's big boat?  That is where they are!"  The last time they went on a cruise for a long amount of time Rusty was much smaller, but he really missed them.  We drove up to their house one day to get something and he was so excited to see his Papa.  When we said Papa was still gone he burst into tears!  Hopefully this time around he will better understand where they are and what they are doing.

+I got a haircut yesterday...ah!  It felt so good.  I wasn't thrilled with my last cut.  For some reason the hairdresser left this scraggly bit at the bottom and she thinned it in a strange manner.  I went to a new place yesterday and had the sweetest girl.  She also had great hair-which I always see as a good sign, and she did awesome.  My hair feels rich, full, and smooth.  She cut off the nasty scraggly bits and thinned the sides so they won't become mushroom like when it is curly and dry.  I love the cut!  I also loved the scalp massage.  After a long week of work it was perfection, something I only wish I could do every week!  I'm enjoying the straightened hair for the day too!  No color, I will wait until after Pickle is born to do that!  A haircut just feels so good, doesn't it?


+I'm working on that 101 Things list.  I currently have 30 things on it.  It is harder than you think to come up with 101 Things you hope to accomplish in the next 2.75 years!  Any suggestions anyone?  Can you think of anything I have been saying I wanted to do, yet not doing for the last little while?  That would really help me out!

+My best friend back home-Nessa-got a blackberry!  I'm so excited because this means that we can now Blackberry Messenger each other all of the time.  I can't text my family back home because it costs me $.25 every single time I do it, but if people have Blackberrys the messaging service is free!   I am beyond excited.  We have already texted about 50 times today, and I feel like my best friend is nearby again.  She is due to have her baby any day now, and she said she will message me as soon as it all happens.  I am so happy!  There have been so many times I wanted to send her a little message about this or that, but couldn't because we couldn't text and now we can!

Off to get some sleep, or work done, or something.  Who knows!  It's a lazy Saturday!  I love these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers