- Kevin and I finally figured out that Rusty might not know exactly what "I miss you" means. He's been saying it to us a lot lately, and last night we realized that he is always saying it when he has just done something that he really enjoys or when he is feeling extreme love for us. He knows how to say "I love you," too, but to him, "I miss you" is another form of "I love you!" Last night he leaned over to me at dinner, hugged me with his messy, sticky hands, and said, "I MISSED you Mommy!"
- He loves to sing. Lately he sings a lot of songs at his daycare and we have learned that one of his favorites is "The Ants Go Marching" and he is the one in charge of the BOOM, BOOM, BOOM at the end of a phrase.
- The other night we were skyping with my older sister, Adrienne. We talked to her for about five minutes, and I was kind of surprised at how into it Rusty was, since he hadn't talked to her on there for quite some time. He wanted to show her everything and play his toys so she could see. When we finally said goodbye he turned to me and said, "It GOOD to talk to Auntie A, Mommy! It GOOD!"
- He has suddenly become more into hiding than he ever was before, and is constantly looking for new places to hide. His new favorite is the chair in his bedroom. Every night before he goes to sleep, he goes in there and hides and giggles until we find him. Then he says, "I hiding behind the chair, Mommy! I hiding behind the chair!"
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Rusty Nuggets
Our little guy is turning into one funny-and sweet-little man. I always get the advice from older women to "write it down," "write it down," and "WRITE IT DOWN." Well, I think if I bought a notebook and tried to write down the great things he was saying and doing I would probably misplace it somewhere, but I don't think I'm going to misplace my blog so I thought what better place to write it down? So here are a few of what I am going to call Rusty Nuggets!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago

Oh yes, you must write it all down!!!
ReplyDeleteRusty seems to be so much more advanced in his speech that RJ. RJ talks but I can't understand a lot of it so I just say, "Yeah" and nod a lot when talking to him.