We've been busy around here. While we are still recovering from the myriad of illnesses that have hit us over the last few weeks, overall, life is better and with that comes the energy and excitement to do more and soak up all that fall has to offer.
The other night we finally had a chance to sit down and carve the pumpkins we picked out last Sunday at the pumpkin patch. Rusty was beyond excited, and was pretty involved...at the beginning. Both he and Daddy lost their enthusiasm after a bit and I ended up finishing, but the two of them carved Rusty's pumpkin together, which is what I was really hoping for anyway.
The pumpkins were all sitting, ready to go...and our little pumpkin was ready too!
He chose the face he wanted from the Halloween book we had bought for him. He was adamant about wanting a "happy" face.
Once the face was picked, it was time to scoop out the guts-or as he likes to call them, the "ackies!" He was game for this, for about the first minute...then he was disgusted by the feeling of the slimy insides.
Finally, it was on to cutting out the happy face. Rusty was very excited to help with this part. So excited that he kept trying to grab the carving tools and we had to have a bit of a time out to deal with it.
The pumpkin was complete! His excitement made the hard work worth it, and every time he sees it he smiles and says that it is his.
It's fun to be a family and have an opportunity to do these holiday events with our boy. The joy on his face fills us with joy, and just look at how proud he is of his pumpkins! (Yes, mine is the smallest one, that is the one that he said was Mommy's!)
Now, simply just because they are so handsome, a picture of my boys from this morning. When I saw the shirt Kev was wearing I purposely dressed Rusty in his matching one, I can't help it! I love them so much, I'm so blessed!
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago







So cute! We haven't carved ours yet, we better get on it!
ReplyDelete