Those are the words that woke me up this morning. Thankfully, it was at 6:40 a.m., just five minutes before my alarm was set to ring. A little voice rang out, "Mommy! Mommy! I peed in the crib! Mommy, there is pee in my crib!"
I wasn't really sure what was going on. How could he have peed in his crib? Maybe he meant his diaper had leaked. That has happened from time to time, and then everything ends up wet. I went to investigate. As I walked into his room I was met with a stark naked little boy, PJs and diaper tossed to the side, with a huge wet spot in the middle of his crib. Yep, that's right, STARK NAKED. He had taken off his footy pajamas, ripped off his diaper, and then peed in the crib. He was actually so proud that if I had been more awake I might have had a hard time not laughing. I think he was impressed that he was able to remove his clothing so handily, and in the dark too.
I went to fetch Kevin, telling him I needed his help. We pulled Rusty from the crib and redressed him, all the while telling him that his behavior had not been good, that we were not happy with that behavior, and that he was not to do it again. After we put down a new sheet and had him snuggly and dry again, it was time for the punishment. He was to go back into his crib and lay there until his alarm clock light turned green, which was at 7:15. This would be about half an hour. I didn't know if he could do it or not. By this time he was pretty wound up. Yesterday he woke up a bit before his alarm clock, but we simply gave him some books to read in his bed until 7:15. Our goal is to get him to the point where he understands that he needs to stay there until 7:15 a.m.
I hopped in the shower, and when I was finished Kevin reported that all had been quiet. About two minutes later I heard him calling, "Mommy! MOMMMY!" I went in and again replied that he had chosen naughty actions and would need to lie down in his crib until his light turned green. He said, "Ok Mommy, Ok," and rolled right over. We heard not another peep. It was so quiet that we almost wondered if he had fallen back to sleep. We were eating our breakfast when suddenly, right on the dot at 7:15, he called out, "MOOOMMMMYYY, it's GREEEENNNN!" Guess he hadn't fallen asleep!
We have entered the 2s, oh yes we have. Overall, he has still been pretty pleasant, but I can see this is only the beginning. What have your kids done? What stories do you have to tell? I'm just hoping I won't wake up to Naked Boy again tomorrow morning! He's definitely a mischievous one!
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!