Here we are, days later. Rusty is doing better, I am happy to report. He has finally regained his appetite and hopefully his little baby belly will come back soon-although I doubt it. I, however, have taken a major turn for the worse. This weekend it all came to a point. I was pretty much flat on my back on the couch, coughing, all weekend long. Sunday I started to feel a bit better and even got showered and dressed in decent clothes, but no such luck. A few hours later, the hacking cough was back.
My eyes started to crust over. Yep, the dreaded pink eye. The last two days I have woken up with both eyes crusted totally shut. I've been washing my hands like crazy, and sleeping downstairs in the guest room trying to keep the germs contained. We had to cancel our Thanksgiving plans with some friends, and I was sad to miss out on the time hanging out with them. Yesterday Kev drove me to a clinic hoping desperately it would be open and we could get me some help, but of course, it was Thanksgiving and it was closed. Oy.
I had a prenatal appointment scheduled for today anyway. My baby doctor is also our regular doctor, and she is a gem. She took one look at me this morning and said, "You need help, girl!" She checked me out, declared it to be pink eye in both eyes and a bronchial infection, stating that it sounded "really rough in there" in reference to my lungs. She prescribed some pregnancy safe meds to get me on the mend as well as at least two days home from work. So, here I sit on the couch. I'm ready to take a nap soon and hoping that the next few days bring some relief. I have been hoping for that "relaxing weekend" three weekends in a row now. Maybe next weekend it will actually arrive. Here's hoping. Until then, I'm going to take it a day at a time.
In the meantime, a few things I am thankful for, in light of the Canadian Thanksgiving that was celebrated yesterday by most:
- My husband. He is amazing. He took such good care of me and Rusty this weekend and I love him so much. He will do anything for Rusty and I. He is handsome, kind, caring...a true blessing in my life. He is an absolutely amazing father. Rusty giggles and giggles when he is with his dad and they have so many fun games that they play together. Rusty is so blessed to have such a godly man to look up to!
- Our home. I love our home. It took us awhile to find it, but now that we are here, it so very much the perfect place for us. There is work for us to do, but we love it.
- Our regular good health. Overall, we are feeling pretty good on a regular basis. These last few weeks have been plagued with one illness or another, but overall, we are healthy and I am thankful!
- Our baby. This little one is doing well. I had the prenatal appointment today and the baby is doing great, despite my poor health. It is measuring 29 weeks even though I am 27, and although I know that doesn't mean anything, what it DOES mean is that this baby is healthy and doing great. I am thankful for that! The baby has stayed very active even as I have been sick, and that has been such a relief to me. It is never still long enough for me to start worrying, and I love that! Lately I have been thinking a lot about this little one, and I am so incredibly excited to meet this baby.
Then there is sweet Rusty. I think he thinks it is now a tradition to kiss my belly during the belly pictures. He is just too sweet! This morning he was patting my belly and we said, "Say HI baby!" and he did! So cute! He was then hamming it up on the fireplace mantel and Kev got some of it on camera. What a cute boy we have!


You've had your share of ick I think.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I think the reason why people don't think your belly looks as big as it probably feels, it looks like you're carrying the weight all over, as opposed to directly in front of you like a basket ball. That's my theory.
Great pictures! I hope you feel better soon!