This year we were apathetic about Halloween. Sure, Rusty looks cute all dressed up, but does he really get it? We figured the answer was no, and we weren't thrilled about the idea of all of that candy anyway, so we had decided we just wouldn't do Halloween this year.
Then, I started to get excited about all of the cute kid costumes I saw out there. Some of our friends said they were just going to take their son to the church event and not bother with actual trick or treating, and when we discussed it, we thought that sounded good. I took Rusty out and we looked for a costume. I let him pick out what he wanted, and he was super excited about.
A few days ago, our neighbors put up a huge, blow up Jack-O-Lantern in their yard. Rusty fell in love. He stands there and stares at it and says, "It's the pumpkin patch Mommy!" He isn't quite sure what a pumpkin patch is yet! We've been talking about it for a bit since we are going on Sunday. He just knows that he loves the big pumpkin in the yard across the street.
Yesterday when I was picking up my prescription at the mall I saw a little pumpkin bucket for the candy...I couldn't help it, I knew he would LOVE it. I was right! Last night he saw it and went crazy! He then went to the closet to get his giraffe outfit, wanting to put it on. He wore it for about an hour and ran from Kevin to I saying "Trick or Treat!" We would put random things in his bucket and he was so excited!
I guess we are going to be doing Halloween this year! Kev and I have decided we will probably visit a few houses as well as doing the church event. Whatever candy he gets we will just take to school for our students and get rid of it that way. It's all about the fun of the activity anyway!
Here's our little giraffe, practicing for the big night!
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago

LOL. You are in trouble now! Last year I thought Finn wouldn't really 'get' it and we would just go to a house or two... he lasted the whole neighborhood! Now every time he sees anything Halloween related we discuss his plans for this year.
ReplyDeleteWhen Plava was 2, we took her trick or treating, but didn't tell her what was in the colourful packages. We have pictures of her holding up these things and smiling. She never did eat much that year! Haha!
ReplyDeleteHe's more excited about it than Rain, I don't think Rain even likes his costume - but he does love the pumpkins!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute giraffe!
I love giraffes! And yours is the cutest! :)
ReplyDelete