Sunday, November 21, 2010

Faded Memories

Remember a few days ago when I was sick of sick, and talked about waking up some morning soon and all of that being a faded memory?  Well, the memory has faded and my mind is full of snow, sunshine, shopping, and soap.

It all started to fade yesterday.  We woke up to this.

Stunning, right?  Maybe I find it stunning because I don't have to deal with it consistently anymore.  I definitely didn't find it stunning when I was in university and had to go out every morning before the sun was up and scrape the chunks of ice off of my car and start it 10-15 minutes before I had to leave for student teaching just to make it drivable.  Now though?  It's gorgeous.  Especially on a lazy Saturday morning.  Rusty thought it was amazing too!  As soon as he saw it he wanted to get out there and play in it.  We didn't even have a snow suit for him yet for this year.  I hadn't decided if I wanted to get one or not, but after seeing how badly he wanted to get out there-and how cold it was, especially for around here!-we decided a snowsuit would be a must for this year.  It IS supposed to be one of our coldest and snowiest winters yet!  For yesterday though, we just bundled him up in about three layers and put his rain jacket and pants on, and it worked all right.

Yesterday afternoon started the true fading of the memories.  The sun came out and by 12:30 I was on my way to downtown Vancouver with one of my good girlfriends.  We had planned a girls' weekend away, and I was very, very much in need of it.  We got a crazy deal on a stunning room at the Fairmont, had a play on tap for the evening, and many other good, good things. 

Sometimes a weekend away is all the medicine needed to fade those memories of sickness.  I got to sleep all last night on this.
A big, beyond comfy bed with a thick, fluffy duvet and about five pillows, just for me.  It was bliss.  I slept in until after 9, followed by a scrumptious breakfast buffet at Heron's, the restaurant at the Fairmont-all part of our crazy deal!  The night before we had attended "The Hobbit," put on by the Capilano University Theatre department, followed by a huge, tasty bite of the Diplomat, a silky smooth vanilla custard cake at one of my favorite dessert stops downtown.  Yum.  Double yum, actually because it was such a big, tasty piece!

Today was shopping, shopping, shopping!  Even though I didn't buy a lot, I DID discover this.
 Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Bath and Body Works has arrived in Canada.  What is even scarier is that the prices are comparable to the States.  Not only is there one in downtown Vancouver, but there is one at a mall that is even  CLOSER to us.  This could be bad, very bad, for me.  This is one of my favorite stores, one of those splurges that I find to be worth it.  Today I managed to come away with just a few soaps and mini lotions, but next time??  Who knows?

One of the best parts-besides all of the sleep, I have to be honest, that was one of the top highlights!-was the one on one time with my friend.  We haven't had a lot of time to talk lately, and it was so nice to talk about everything and anything with time to spare.  She has come into my life in the last year and a half, and been a huge blessing in it.  I really appreciate her, and when she said to me this afternoon, "You are one of those friends that I don't get sick of," I had to agree!  I could have spent many more days with her and been just fine!  We were both anxious to get back to our boys though-big and little-and came home feeling incredibly refreshed.


Ahh...the sick of sick memories have faded.  I'm glad that morning came. 


And finally...33 weeks!  Just seven to go.  Wow.  I can't believe in just seven weeks or so we will be a family of four...a little surreal, I have to be honest!  We met with our doula the other night and I am so excited to have her on board.  She's amazing, so knowledgeable, and I think that this birth experience is going to be really positive!  I can't wait to meet this little one.  Pickle continues to be crazy active and is growing indeed!  Check out the size of my belly now! For something a little fun you can check out my post on being 32 weeks pregnant with Rusty here.  It's interesting to see!  DEFINITELY different seasons!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling good about your upcoming birth! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers