- We are in the process of renovating our family room in the basement. Really, I should say that Kevin is in the process of it, because there isn't much I can do to help him. NO heavy lifting, NO painting, NO this, NO that. The poor man is working so hard, and I appreciate him so much. My job has been to choose paint, think about decor, etc. This has been tough. At first I wanted to go with grey...so very badly. I know that it is the new "it" color in paint and I very much want to be "it" and "in" (harking back to days gone by, perhaps?) yet, I can't do it. I just can't. The furniture that we already have to go with it is just not suited to grey and although I would LOVE to paint all of it, let's face it, I don't have the time. So, brown it is. We painted the majority of our upstairs a tone of brown and I actually love it. I think it is soothing and homey. Perhaps it will be boring to have so much of our house be that tone, but I have plans for the family room. I'm going to jazz it up a bit with some deeper tones in pillows, accessories, and even our coffee table. It's the same coffee table we have upstairs-an Ikea wonder given to us by some friends-and I have plans to paint it some crazzzzyyyyy color! I haven't decided what yet. Maybe you can help? Any suggestions? Our walls will be a taupe color, the couches will probably have a neutral ivoryish slipcover, the carpet will be a dark neutral. Our major bookshelf is espresso in color. What fun color would you use to jazz things up a bit??? I need to start deciding these things soon. My husband is chomping at the bit to get this work done. We have a goal of completion by Christmas. Picture our stockings hung from the mantel with care and a lovely Christmas tree in the corner. Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for!
- I am ridiculously behind in my marking. My students have been incredibly generous with their wait, and the stuff has to get done. IT. HAS. TO. GET. DONE. Marking has always been my biggest weak point as a teacher. I just find it takes soooo long. Right now it is hard to find the time to sit down and complete it. I have a deadline of Friday. Yikes. In the middle of it I'm trying to plan future lessons and even to plan out my classes for the sub that will be coming in for me when I go on maternity leave. I just don't know when to complete it. When I get home from work I simply want to play with Rusty and spend time with Kevin. I have to find the happy medium. I'm hoping to get a lot done on Thursday...we have no school.
- I am sore and tired. This baby is taking a toll on me. I don't remember feeling this achy with Rusty. Maybe because it is a second pregnancy, maybe because I am busier, I don't really know, but it is more difficult this time around. Again, I can't really complain because overall the pregnancy is going well, yet I just hurt. I still LOVE the wiggles and kicks-even the super hard ones like the one I just received-because it is a reminder that all is well with this little one. That's not bothering me. It's just the general achy back, etc. I find by the end of the school day my back is just so sore. I don't know what to do about it, except to just get through it. I'm trying to relax and enjoy the pregnancy, and many times throughout the week I remind myself that this very well may be my last baby and to enjoy every moment but sometimes the hurt is there and can be a bit of a focus. It also often makes me want to just lie on my couch instead of doing all of the other things I want to do.
- I need to do some planning. The end of my work here is quickly approaching, and I have to have a plan in place for the person that replaces me. I need to think out my units and get them up and running. It is a lot of work, a lot of time invested...busy. I don't know when to do it and WHAT to do. So much of it involved creating work from scratch. That's tough.
- We actually have things to do to prepare for this baby. It is just 9 weeks away from potential delivery-if it is on time-and that is crazy! We still need to research and choose a car seat, we need to research and choose a rocker, and we need to get the baby's room cleaned out of Rusty's toys and set up as a baby room-I want to put the baby in its room from the start. This can't happen until our downstairs is done, so that means we have to choose carpet, buy it, get it installed. We need to paint the room. We need to get our furniture organized. Yikes...so much!
- At some point I have to think about packing up my personal items at work and bringing them home. Part of me wants to just leave them there for the year until I come back, but that isn't really fair to the TOC who replaces me for that year, so I need to get some organization done there as well.
Monday, November 08, 2010
Where is my brain?
Whoa...I am...hmm, how can I put it. Well, my brain is a jumbled up mess, that's about all I can say. Right now I think that there are about 25 different things pushing around in there for the most important space. I am a list writer, and it helps me get organized, so I'm going to try to list some of it out here and maybe just getting it out there will help me to achieve some of the goals and move forward. An example of how jumbled up my brain is comes from today: I received an email from a co-worker. I'm on the social committee at school and we have to plan our Christmas event. She asked if we could all meet Friday at lunch to discuss it. I said sure, I didn't mind as long as the meeting was in my room because I had student supervision on Friday. Uh, we don't have students on Friday. It's a professional day for us to work on report cards and such and I knew that and have been counting on it and in fact counting down TO it, yet I totally blanked it out. Anyway, here we go. The random thoughts that are making things crazy up in my brain right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
Stace, take a deep breath and one step at a time. I always find that setting a timer for 10 or 15 minutes at a time helps me to accomplish more. I set it, work without interruption, take a little break to play with Finn, read blogs or Facebook, or talk on the phone with a friend... then right back at it for another 10 or 15 minutes. Seems like I am much more productive when I do it this way. Less interruptions.
ReplyDeleteThis post makes me feel exhausted!! Ack!! You have so much to do! But I know you can do it, one day at a time. Don't stress out if the room for the baby isn't completely done upon arrival. Babies don't care :)
ReplyDeleteAs for colours, I love browns, you can use browns as a neutral and find cool accents. I would use bright reds for accents!!!
I came on here to show J photos of her little friend. She got so excited! We must get together soon Hope you are feeling well.
ReplyDeleteI also need to get caught up on your blog (impossible with her on my lap!!):)
talk soon....love ya/!