Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Little Rock Star

Our little man had to have some blood tests done yesterday.  It's simply a case of our doctor being our amazing doctor and extra cautious, checking some things out, but I was NOT looking forward to it.  I love him so much and I definitely did not want to see him stuck with a needle and then watch his blood flowing down that tube.  I figured he would be so upset and crying and I would just want to yell, "STOP!"  So, I wimped out.  I asked Kevin to do it.

He picked Rusty up from daycare yesterday to take him for the blood tests.  The whole time I was praying and when I knew it was probably over I called them.  Kev's first words were "He did AMAZING!"  The nurses were in the middle of giving Rusty gifts and saying how great he was, so Kev later called me back.  He said that the needle going into his arm didn't even phase Rusty, and that he was great the whole time.  He's our little rock star! 

When I did get home that night I went up to him and asked him about it and offered to kiss his ouchy.  He looked at me and stated, "That's okay Mommy, I'm okay," and then pranced off to play.  No need for Mommy's kiss...he's okay.  I'm glad he's okay, but does this mean he's growing up?  *Sniff*  Good thing there is another little baby on the way that I can smother with kisses on a daily basis. 

Our little rock star, he's growing up and handling life.  What a big boy!

2 comments:

  1. Cute picture, and don't worry, he IS growing up, but if he's anything like my boys, you will still get plenty of snuggles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:51 PM

    Wow...I'm not that brave with needles at 21...I'd still have my mom kiss my ouchies!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers