Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Dinner Fun...and roasting a turkey!

I have jumped the hurdle.  I have beaten the beast.  I have overcome!  I know, it sounds like something big, but really, it's not that big of a deal...I mean, all I did was roast a turkey.  I am not sure why this one simple thing was such a scary thing to me.  I just thought it was such a big thing.  Big deal no longer...it was easier than a lot of other meals I have done!

This morning Kev and I tackled #10 on my list...to roast a turkey the real way!  We pulled it out of the fridge where it had been thawing for a few days.  It was a beast, almost 20 pounds of turkey goodness.  My man manhandled that turkey, washing it down inside and out and drying it on and with paper towels.  We rubbed it down with a garlic butter spread, sprinkled it with kosher salt and pepper and threw it into the oven in our roaster pan.  Six hours later, we had this.

That's right, a beautiful, golden, tasty turkey.  It worked!  We managed to roast a turkey!  The meat was nice and juicy and Kev carved it up like a pro.

We finished our dinner off later with a delicious, chocolate peppermint stripe dessert from the kraftcanada website.  Yum!

Overall, we had a great time visiting with our friends.  It is our annual Christmas dinner with them, and each year we rotate who hosts.  The conversation was great, the food was tasty, and the kids were fun and had a blast playing together!  Overall, it's was a hit and gave me a chance to knock something off of that list!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya, it is a beast I've not yet tackled myself, great for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers