Monday, December 27, 2010

Getting ready for baby...and a night with the Little Man

This baby is coming...soon.  That hit me the other day.  I was sitting here one night, and Kev was watching tv, and suddenly I was freaking.  That calm that I have had this entire time, that oh things will be fine, we have done this before feeling suddenly poofed!  It was gone!  I started thinking about everything we haven't done and everything that we needed to do and I was just overwhelmed.  I started making lists.  I realized:
  1. We still have the car seat in the box.  At least we HAVE the car seat, but it is still in the box and we need to unpack that and get the base installed so we are ready to bring the baby home when the time comes.  That is on the list.
  2. I didn't have a hospital bag packed.  In my head the baby is coming a week late, just because Rusty came a week late.  Then I realized I couldn't think that way.  This baby could now come any day.  ANY day.  I should at least have a hospital bag packed.  I don't want to have to rely on Kev ruffling through my random clothes trying to find something suitable for me to wear home.  I also want to make sure I have some shower shoes.  I know, I know, hospitals are clean, but still.  Shower shoes...a must.  Plus, I have some cute sleepers and an outfit I bought for the baby, so that should be in there as well!
  3. We have nowhere for the baby to sleep.  The baby's room is still Rusty's toy room.  Kev is working hard on this.  He just today finished off the subfloor in the basement!  The carpet layers come on Thursday and on Friday we can move everything in!  Once that happens we can set up the baby's room and be ready to go! 
Once I thought things through, I was fine.  We have done this before, we know what to expect, we are ready.  Realistically none of that stuff is that big of a deal, and when the baby comes we will just deal with it all!  I did make a hospital bag list though, I'll be putting it together soon.

On another note, time with Rusty and just us is coming to an end.  I know how blessed he is to have had that one on one time, but sometimes it makes me a little bit sad.  I'm sure that most parents go through this right before their second is born.  I also think it is a good thing, he 's going to be a great big brother.  Tonight he was kissing my belly over and over and "feeding" the baby milk from his sippy cup through my belly button.  I'm sure he will do great and I believe that having a sibling is a wonderful gift...but I'm still a little bit sad.  That's why tonight was such a blessing!

Kev's brother is in town, and at the last minute they decided to go out together.  That meant it was just Rusty and me from about 5 p.m. on.  The last few weeks I have been so tired that something like that would be overwhelming, but tonight I relished it.  I was so thrilled to spend some one on one time with my little guy.  We played soccer in the hallway, we played playdoh, we painted a masterpiece, we read book after book, we tickled and snuggled in my bed and giggled and had a great time.  He is such a little ham and loves to make me laugh.  He is also such a loving boy...I was showered with hugs and kisses all night long.  When I put him to bed after praying for him I said thanks for letting me play with him and that I had had so much fun.  He said "ME too Mommy!"  I'm incredibly excited to meet this new little one that wiggles and kicks inside of me all of the time, but Rusty...well that little boy will always be the sweetie that made me a mom, and that is something special. 

2 comments:

  1. I think every parent expecting their second child feels the same way. I'm having the same feelings. I'm glad you had fun with your boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited for you! Two kids are definitely more work, but seeing them play together, talk to each other, caring for one another, well, there really aren't any words. Best of luck, and wishing you many blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers