Well, here we are again. We have reached the 40 week point, and gone past it. Our official due date was 1-11-11, which was Tuesday. Although it would have been neat to have the baby born on that date, I never truly thought that would happen.
Rusty was a week late, we will see how long this little one takes. For awhile I was fine with the baby being late...we were so sick that I didn't really think I could handle labour and a brand new baby as well! Now that we are all feeling better, well, I'm ready to meet this little one!
I don't mind the wait...it's the idea of induction that I don't like. If you have read Rusty's birth story you know that labour was long, very drawn out, and ended in being induced, hours of non-epidural pitocin enhanced labour, and just an experience that wasn't exactly one where I felt in control. I'm hoping for something different this time. They have set Tuesday as the induction day this time around, but I'm rethinking that. Like I said, I don't really mind the wait, it's that pitocin...oh my memories of it are still so very clear! We will see what happens, but at this point...we wait.
While I'm waiting, I'm trying to avoid those housechores and do things that are fun and relaxing. Today I met with a friend for coffee and went for a haircut that I had put off for quite some time. It's all about enjoying the time that I have right now and resting up and preparing for baby!
Here you go...40+ Weeks!
Friday, January 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago

Every time I open a post I'm expecting THE NEWS!!!!! and yet, here I sit waiting.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I could ever forget the Pitocin! They tell you the memories will fade. And maybe they will...but not yet!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a much easier labour this time 'round too. You deserve it!