Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Home, Sweet Home

Life is bliss.  We are home from the NICU, Rusty and Rocky are doing great, my sister Candy is here for a week long visit, and life is good.

Little Rocky made it home!  He had a miraculous recovery, and was able to come home last Monday!  We had been told he wouldn't be coming home until Saturday, so Monday was a huge surprise and a wonderful blessing.  He suddenly responded very well to the treatment, and after being taken off of his treatment stayed stable, so at 9 p.m. last Monday night we got to bring him home!  We were a little nervous, but totally excited to be home and be a family of four.  Rocky has continued to do great, and at his doctor follow up on Thursday she said he showed no signs of the jaundice, and he also had gotten his weight back up to 8 pounds, 14 ounces!  She said we don't even have to have the follow up blood tests unless he starts to show signs of jaundice again.  God is truly so good and blessed us greatly.  Our little Rocky is proving to be a champ at eating, and is chowing down constantly and adjusting to life in our household. 

Life with two kids at home has been a great adjustment.  I think we've been pretty lucky, we have great support!  We had so many meals delivered, lots of prayers, and now my little sister Candy is here for the week!  She is spoiling us rotten.  She showed up with gifts for the boys, and has pampered me by never letting me do dishes or laundry, as well as making food for us and just enjoying time with us.  Rusty LOVES having his Aunt Candy here, and has taken right to her! 

They play puzzles, she brought him chocolate and a new hockey shirt that he loves, and she is always ready with a hug or whatever else he needs.  Rusty has continued to attend daycare, and will for the next few months to give me some time with Rocky.  We look forward to every day when Rusty arrives home from school.  He often asks first of all, "Where is Baby Rocky?" before looking around the house to find his new buddy.  So far Rusty is a great big brother!  He has hugs and kisses for his brother all of the time, likes to help me change diapers, and is always asking "Where is Baby Rocky?  Where is Baby Rocky?"  He prays for his little brother and night and just loves on him as much as he can.  Speaking of brothers...look at these two!  We have been able to use some of Rusty's clothes from when he was a baby for Rocky.  Can you tell that they are brothers?  It is crazy how similar they look!

Rocky is proving his cuteness every day.  He makes all sorts of funny faces, snuggles up to us continually, and looks adorable in everything he wears!  I can't get enough kisses and am already smothering his cheeks with them on a daily basis.  One thing I have enjoyed this time around is just being more relaxed about everything.  I'm not worried, I'm not pushing for that next stage, I'm just LOVING being a mom a second time around.  I was so sad when Rocky turned a week old!  I couldn't believe a week had already passed!  He is just so sweet and snuggly, and I want it to last forever some days!

Yep, life at home is bliss.  My three boys are amazing and I love them more than I ever thought possible!  My sister has come and been an amazing help and it is so nice to just be hanging out with her.  I'm feeling great and loving life as a family of four.  I'm very thankful...and very blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Rocky is supremely adorable! I can't believe how wide-eyed he is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers