Monday, May 02, 2011

Tackling the List

Lately I have been super motivated to work on some of the items on my 101 Things list.  As I have said before, my husband recently finally read through my list completely, and perhaps that is why some of the things are being accomplished!  He is totally on board with me.  I enjoy having these things that I think about and they give me goals to work towards.  I always work well when I have goals that I can see.

I have accomplished four of my goals in the last few months.  I guess I haven't actually done them all, because some of them were done by other people, but the point is that they are done!

The Four: 
#1-Finish painting and installing the baseboard in our entryway.
Hurray!  I am so excited that this one is done.  During spring break we got the rest of the baseboard we needed for the remaining areas of our home and Kevin painted it all.  Then, last week, one of Kev's dad's friends came and installed it all for us!  We not only did the entryway, but the family room, the guest bedroom, the downstairs landing and the bathroom as well!  It all looks fantastic, although it has made me realize that I need to finish painting the kickboards along the stairs!

#11-Finally finish paying off my one measly, college student loan.  
This loan was soooo minimal!  We were paying a measly little $50 USD a month for it and finally we just decided to pay off the balance.  It felt so good to make that final payment and to know that it is gone!  It was the only loan I ever had, which is something I am also proud of.  I either worked or received scholarships to pay for the majority of my schooling.  I never took out a loan until my final year.  I am thankful that God put us in a position where we were able to pay the balance off.  It felt really great!

#58-Learn to sew and create something entirely on my own.
My good friend has been giving me some great sewing lessons.  I have been using my mother in law's sewing machine and recently completed my very first project of my own!  I had seen a great bag that another blogger made and my friend had a pattern that was similar.  With a little tweaking it created the bag I was longing for!  I got the fabric for a steal and I am so proud that I made this.  It is my new diaper bag and I love it.  It's the perfect size, I created pockets inside that are personalized for what I need and it is really sturdy.  There are a few errors here and there, but I can't believe that I actually made it!  I also made one for my cousin, Vanessa, and she loved hers as well!
Not quite finished...I had to add the long strap.


#60-Create a photo book for the new baby.
I am so pleased! Rocky is only 3 months old and I completed his journey to birth baby photobook!  It is adorable and follows my progress pictures, his birth, his time in the NICU and tells little tidbits along the way.  I hope that some day he will enjoy reading it!

I'm not sure exactly what I will tackle next, but I have to say, I love having this list!  It has opened up new windows to me and motivated me in ways that I would have just ignored without it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Congratulations on the list thing! Hope you get more things done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, great work. I am trying to sew but remembering why I put my machine away a few years ago...I am not a detail person! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers