- I have a great husband. I just took a quick little break to do the dishes. We had his parents over for dinner for his dad's birthday tonight and the dishes were piled up in the kitchen. Everything in me wanted to simply shut off the light and head to bed, but I knew I would regret it in the morning, so I got to work. He was sitting on the couch watching Sportsnet or something like that and for a few moments I wondered if he would come in and help. From my past experiences with him, I thought he would, and he didn't disappoint. I barely had the silverware tray unloaded before he was in the kitchen helping me out. It's the norm for him...and I love that man for it. I love him for oodles of other things as well, but I'll just mention that one for now. Oh, and his super cute freckles on his nose. I really love those too.
- I enjoy angel food cake. A lot. I had forgotten how much until tonight. When we asked what he requested as his cake my father in law said angel food cake. I dug the pan I had received at a wedding show out of a bin in our basement and made a cake and remembered...the stuff is amazing! A bit of sugary heaven and I even try to convince myself that it is better for me than regular cake-even though I'm sure it isn't. Even the batter was amazing! I licked the beaters myself, just like a little kid. Yum. Good thing more than half of the cake was eaten up tonight or I could be in trouble!
- I need to drink more water. I know this. I even try to challenge myself to it but simply can't seem to remember until I hit about 10 p.m. and am so thirsty that I just about can't stand it. Why do I do this to myself repeatedly? Then I guzzle a bunch of water and have to get up and pee in the night, taking up valuable sleep time. Ugh. Note to self, drink more water throughout the day tomorrow. On that note, I have to go and get another glass of water.
- We recently bought a new bed, a king sized, pocket coil masterpiece. It is A.MAZ.ING! I love, love, love it! Even though Rocky has been teething lately and I have been up with him in the night the sleep that I have gotten has been amazing. I can't feel Kevin move and shift around at all. I have so much space to stretch out. I have zero back/hip pain. It is just incredible. I suggest to anyone, INVEST IN A GOOD BED!
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Stream of Consciousness
In university I learned, as an English major, about stream of consciousness writing. I guess this is sort of what I'm going to do. It's just the mindless drivel floating through my brain. Not what you normally get from me, but I'm ready to empty out my brain before heading to bed for the night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!