Tuesday, February 14, 2012

the happiest place on earth

We have traveled a lot with our little guys, but mostly it has been trips to South Dakota to see my family.  The only trip we have really done with them that hasn't been related to that was our trip last summer to the Oregon coast.  We met up with my cousins and their kids and had an amazing time camping and just enjoying the sights.  Rocky was only about seven months old at the time, and Rusty not yet three, but taking that trip proved to us that our little guys could handle a little family vacation with some adventure sprinkled in.

About a week ago Rusty was exploring the App store on Papa's iPad and found the free Disneyland app.  He saw Mickey Mouse and that was all he needed to know...after inquiring if it was free, which I affirmed, he asked to download it.  We did and I have to admit, it's pretty amazing!  It is like exploring the theme park on the iPad and has fun little games that go with the various rides and attractions.  He is now ALL about Disneyland.

Kevin and I had never really contemplated Disneyland before.  I guess that isn't entirely true...we knew we would take the boys there eventually, but it seemed farther in the future.  Now it is at hand!  Kev's parents are heading down to the Palm Desert for the month of March, and after some contemplation on our part, we have decided to join them for one of our coinciding weeks of Spring Break!  We are so excited!  We can't wait to just relax with them, soak up some sun, go swimming and...take Rusty to Disneyland!  Nana and Papa agreed to watch Rocky for one day, so that we can go with Rusty on his own and really make the most of it.  We aren't going for more than one day because Rusty IS only three, but we think just one day, with two adults able to take him through without stopping for a little one's nap, will allow us to experience the fun just enough!  It looks like my cousin Jayme may be able to join us as well, which only adds to the excitement!

We are keeping the trip to Disneyland-and the trip to California in general-a secret from Rusty.  We are so excited to surprise him with this.  The other day we were driving in the car and Kev said, "Rusty, if you could get on an airplane and go ANYWHERE you wanted in the whole world, where would you go?"  Well, he thought about it for a minute, and then responded, "Grandpa's house in South Dakota!"  So sweet!  We then asked again, "If you could go ANYWHERE besides South Dakota, where would you go?"  He thought again, for quite some time, and then said, "DISNEYLAND!"  Oh yeah, we've got him primed and ready to go!

Starting the countdown now...just over four weeks until we head to California and the "happiest place on Earth!"

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:10 PM

    YAY! I am so excited. Let me know- I could normally make a Monday work too, but Wednesday is always better. I'd love to see you guys while you're here! If Steven could get off work a few days maybe he could too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jayme! I need to talk to you about it...and apologize. :( I hadn't actually discussed it with Kevin and he was imagining in his mind just the three of us hanging out as a little family. He feels it is really special to go to Disneyland for the FIRST time as a kid, and he is picturing it as just the three of us. He is hoping it is ok if just he and R and I go. It may be possible for us to meet up with you for something else though. I'm sorry...I should have actually talked it all out with him before checking with you. Hoping that is ok??? Let me know!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers