Wednesday, February 08, 2012

late night conversations

One fun and interesting thing that I discovered about Kevin after we got married is that the man talks in his sleep.  I'm not just talking about mumbles and grumbles here and there, I am talking full on conversations.  In our youth and early married days, I found this to be quite fun.  I would carry on the conversation, seeing how far I could take it before he woke up or simply rolled over again.  We even had to eventually come up with a code word that he would say to prove to me that he was truly awake, because sometimes I really couldn't tell!  These days sleep is much too important to me to continue the middle of the night chats that don't really make sense, but from time to time I still enjoy a little nugget here or there.  Take last night, for example.

Around 11:40 p.m., we had already been asleep for a few hours and Rocky woke up crying from a very wet diaper.  I went to change and comfort him and came back to bed.  Kevin was snoring lightly, which makes it impossible for me to get back to sleep.  I shook him gently.

Me:  Honey, you are snoring.
Kevin:  (Sitting straight up in bed) OH!  Sorry!  Is that a bad thing?
Me:  (Laughing because I now know he is asleep) Uh, yeah, I guess it's bad.  I mean, I can't really sleep!
Kevin:  Oh, ok...sorry!  I will work on that.  (Head on pillow, back to "sleep.")
Me:  Giggle, giggle, giggle.  I can't wait to tell him about this in the morning.

As I suspected, he had no recollection of the conversation.  He did, however, stop snoring!  I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Life

Followers