I am officially more than halfway through my first week back to work. How's it going, you ask? I'll fill you in.
Monday was a piece of cake. I think I was uber prepared. I distinctly remember Kev saying, "Not all of the days will go this smoothly honey." Seriously though, I was up bright and early, had time to get ready on my own, leisurely suck back a cup of joe-gotta have that caffeine jolt for sure-and even eat breakfast at the kitchen table by myself. After all of that was accomplished the boys woke and I fed the wee one some Momma's milk-yes he IS still nursing thank you very much. Yes, it CAN be a bit tricky with the return to work. I still think it is important though, and will continue that morning feed as long as I am able. Which will be March because I have to go on a five day sailing trip with my school and the little one has got to be weaned before then. You can guarantee I am NOT going to find a spot to hide on a ship full of grade 9 and 10 students so I can laboriously pump two times a day. Oh, did I digress? Sorry! So Monday morning was a snap. Got both boys dressed, helped feed them and managed to leave and arrive at school with some time to spare and set my class up.
The day itself? Work was lovely! So many staff members seeking me out to see how my first day was going, students telling me-I am serious here-that they were glad to see me back, a fun, joke-filled lunch in the staff room with my colleagues, and my lessons all went great. The students were kind and attentive and I really enjoyed the banter. I later made it home from work and had dinner cooking away in the crock pot. Kev arrived with the boys and we played and had a good dinner before leaving for Bible study. Phew! A good day indeed!
Tuesday? Tuesday morning I overslept. I was scrambling. I missed our staff devotions. I wasn't ready for my first class. We had a sketch dinner because I was late getting home due to a meeting I didn't know I had to attend and I was exhausted. The boys were both tired and extra fussy because Rocky hadn't slept well at daycare and Rusty was just grumpy for some reason. We played and enjoyed time with them and finally put them to bed. I had mounds of laundry to fold and Kev helped me make the lunches for the next day and pick up around the house. I finally had a chance to relax on the couch and we were just about ready to head to bed and received some news that threw me for a bit of a loop and had me panicking about various things and in tears. I think the tears were mostly due to the fact that I was extremely exhausted and it had been a long time-months, actually-since I had just had a good cry, but I was prolonging the lapse into blissful sleep none the less. Yeah, Tuesday maybe was more of a normal day.
Today? Better again. I was up and at 'em at a better time, my classes rocked it. I even started some of my marking. I was able to look at the situation that had me crying the night before with a different point of view and see the good in it. I think it is more of an average normal day. If the days are like this, I think we'll be all right! Another side benefit? I have a massage in just under an hour, followed by a night at home with no plans except to play and relax with my guys.
I will have to update again at the end of the week, maybe I will be singing a different tune by then!
Wednesday, February 01, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!