I wish I could wax poetic. I wish I had the words to say about him to accurately express our relationship and the absolute gift that he is in my life.
I want to be able to express it. I want to be able to say to him how much he means to me. It is hard...it is hard to put feelings into words. It is hard to show. It is something that I will spend the rest of my life attempting to do.
He shows me...all of the time.
- Whenever he arrives home before me he makes sure to empty the dishwasher of the night before's clean dishes and puts the breakfast dishes in.
- He does laundry all of the time. Lately he has taken it upon himself to do the boys' laundry-a task that was previously mine. He always did his own and often did the linens, but now, before I even get the chance, he grabs the boys' clothes in their hamper and throws them in the wash, then the dryer, and the next thing I know he is folding them and putting them away in the drawers! I now basically only do my own laundry-which is probably a good thing since I can barely keep up with that.
- He works hard to try to figure out meals that he can make so that the responsibility is not always mine.
- He picks up after me. I am always leaving my glass on the coffee table and he makes sure to pick it up so that Jack won't knock it off in the morning.
- He is such a great father. He rolls around on the floor with them, he bathes them every night, he snuggles with them, he kisses them, he tells them that he loves them, he plays hockey with them, he sings to them, he prays for them...I don't know if you are sensing a pattern here, but this could go on and on!
- He tells the boys that he loves their mommy all of the time. He tells them that he wants to be with me forever and that we will always be a family. I cannot express how beautiful this is, and how this makes me feel. It truly brings tears to my eyes.
- He prays with me and for me. Every single night that we are together our night ends by praying together. He prays for our family, for our friends, and for our relationship. It is such a gift.
- He is a good and loyal friend. He is there for people, even when there are rough patches. He will give and give and give of himself. I adore that about him.
- He is present. He loves his techy gadgets, but he puts them down to be present with us as a family. He puts them away and focuses. He spends countless hours playing soccer in the backyard. He gets down on the rug in the Rusty's room and plays cars. He sits on the rug in the family room and plays goalie as Rusty and Rocky practice shot after shot after shot. He builds train tracks. He has breakfast conversations. He tears his eyes away from the hockey games to truly listen to what I am saying.
- He knows exactly how to kiss me to make me shiver and tingle...after 10 years! I can't wait to see what is happening after 20, 30, and 40 years!

Very lovely!
ReplyDeleteI don't know if you feel this way, but (like you just did), if I think about (or write down) everything that my husband does for me and the household and the boys...it ends up looking like I hardly do any work around here! Hahaha, I end up looking like a lazy slob. I guess that just shows how much there really is do to to keep a household running smoothly.
Your husband is awesome...and so are you!
I love this :) You both are so precious!! Happy almost anniversary!!
ReplyDelete