I haven't always been what I am physically, but if you follow my blog you already know that. Lately, however, I have let a bad habit get the best of me. Sweets. Man, I love them.
This wasn't always the case. I mean, I always liked ice cream, and enjoyed cake or cookies now and then. Ever since I had children, though, I have let it get a little out of hand. I know it seems strange, because I am not overweight or anything, but I have something sweet every day, sometimes more than once a day. I have wanted to get control of this for awhile, but had no motivation.
When I heard some friends were doing "No Sweets November," I decided to jump on board. The rules are simple, nothing sweet for the month! We can have fruit, but other than that we are supposed to avoid sweets. No pop, juice, cakes, desserts, or anything along those lines. It is smart to start it November 1st, because I know that without that I would be scarfing down some of the kids' Halloween candy. To be honest, today I was so tempted as Rusty was choosing an afternoon treat! The only thing that stopped me was knowing my friends were holding me accountable.
The toughie for me will be lattes. Yep, lattes. When you think about it, the flavoured ones are pretty sweet. I did get one this morning because I had a free drink coupon from Starbucks that was going to expire on November 3rd. I used it for a venti nonfat hazelnut latte and savoured it all day long!
Here's hoping I can make it through No Sweets November! Wish me luck!
Thursday, November 01, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Life
Good Reads
-
-
Summertime Sweets4 weeks ago
-
-
-
R3 says8 years ago
-
-
-
-
Welcome Back!13 years ago
-
-
A Milestone Celebration11 years ago
-
Plum Cake6 days ago
-
-
Catching the Good.11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!