Rocky is...a delight. I'm not sure how else to describe him. He is funny, intelligent, has a wild imagination, a crazy sense of humour, independent, stubborn. He is so many wonderful things wrapped up into one little ball of fire package.
Rocky brings joy to everyone he meets. I can't tell you how many people tell us they want to squeeze him tight or kiss him all over. He just does that to you. On the other hand, he can be maddening! When he is determined that something is going to happen a certain way it basically takes an act of God to change his mind.
Rocky is that child that can buckle down and hold his ground one instant and shower you with kisses the next...our lives are so full of joy with him in them.
How has Rocky grown? Well, he has grown in weight and inches, but more so in other ways.
This year his vocabulary has exploded. He carries on regular conversations with just about anyone at any time. He knows the funniest words and loves to use them. He has become Mr. Super Independent. He LOVES getting himself dressed in the mornings-which brings me crazy, undeniable joy. The matchy match mom in me has had to let go of that desire to always have everything looking perfect in order to grow this great independence in him. He will say, "Momma, is it wake up time?" When I respond yes he runs to his room and pulls out whatever outfit he sees fit for the day. He can be very particular about what he wants to wear and will search through six pairs of underwear to find the perfect Lightening McQueen pair.
Speaking of underwear, he is totally trained, for potty, poo AND nighttime which is such a gift to us. I am so thankful that I will only have one in diapers this time around. He also is pretty determined in other areas. He always wants to be doing what big brother is doing, and will try anything to keep up. Sometimes he makes my poor momma heart skip a beat when I see what he is trying in order to keep up!
As we have come closer to having this baby, we have learned more about the ABO incompatibility that Rocky dealt with after he was born. After learning more we realize how close we came to him having some major issues and to even losing him. As I have worked through processing this in my mind, I find myself weeping with joy at the strangest times that we have this delightful little man in our lives on a daily basis. I cannot imagine not having him as a part of our lives.
One of the things I love the most about Rocky is that he KNOWS what he loves. Some of his loves:
- John Deere
- Lightening McQueen, Buzz Lightyear, and Woody
- His two Super Doggies
- Dressing up in costumes
- Eating hot dogs and mac and cheese
- Playing on his bike
- Zambonis
- Wearing his "jersey"-a football jersey that was a gift from my brother and sister-in-law that is too small but he squeezes into it anyway
- Praying-his little prayers each night just melt my heart. He is always the first one to remember if we haven't prayed at a meal and last night I thought he was too tired to pray and just started singing. He interrupted me and said, "Momma, I didn't do MY prayers!"
- Snuggles-this kid is such a little squish ball. He gives the best kisses and hugs and is always willing to hand them out.
- My ring-from since he was a tiny baby he has loved my engagement ring. He kisses it and calls it "Ringa Ringa." People always think he is being so sweet and kissing my hand but really it is the ring he loves! He always wants to walk on my left side so he can hold that hand. The other night he was in bed and I was holding his hand with my right hand and he let go and said, "I don't want to hold your PLAIN hand." Funny boy.
Yep, life with Rocky is NEVER predictable but is an incredible blast. We adore this sweet boy. Enjoy these pics...his smile can light up a thousand rooms!

















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!