On July 28th we took off on a road trip to South Dakota to see my family and it was nonstop fun and adventure from that moment until this past Tuesday. I have some highlights from that trip coming in another post on another day. There is so much that I need time for my brain to process it all! In all we slept in seven different places, spent 56 hours in the car driving, and opened about 50 packs of hockey cards. That's a lot of fun people, and that doesn't include the crazy times with my amazing family!
Pregnancy Updates:
- Baby girl spent most of our trip head up, with her head lodged firmly under my ribs. This was an interesting new experience for me. By that time in the pregnancies of the boys they had both already flipped into head down. She created a tender spot that the boys loved to bump into...a lot! Ouch! It also made it hard to breathe, but all of that is always so worth it.
- My heartburn has eased! What a blessing this is as it was getting pretty bad. I'm thankful to be able to eat again without feeling like my throat is on fire and it will all immediately come back up! It could be due to the lower stress levels...who knows. I just know I'm thankful!
- This baby continues to be the most active of all three in the womb. She is always moving and grooving and you can see her morph my stomach out of place from time to time. She keeps me awake a lot of nights, but I love it. I love feeling those movements within me. I know I'm going to miss them so much when she is born, but on the flip side I will be holding her in my arms. The neat thing this time around has been seeing how interested Rusty has been in the movements of his little sis. He will often come up and just place his hands on my belly saying "I just want to feel her!" He talks to her a lot and I know she is going to love hearing his voice and know it well when she is born.
- My nesting instinct is in full gear! Kev just looked at me tonight as I emptied yet another drawer onto our bed to sort through and purge and said, "You're really going!" The last two days I have really enjoyed being able to get the boys set up in their room together, cleaning and sorting the family room, and beginning the process of cleaning out Rocky's room and setting it up for the baby. Rocky isn't super set on that yet, and is still asking to sleep in his little toddler bed each night, but tonight he wanted to try his big bunk bed. We think he is just feeling unsettled from all of our travels and the crazy schedule. It won't be long before he has completely moved into the boys' room and is sleeping in his bunk bed full time.
Here is the picture for week 30, which was right before we left on our trip!
The 32 Week pictures were taken by my amazingly talented cousin Vanessa, of Raja Photography while we were in South Dakota. She is so gifted...we went out on Sunday afternoon and she shot these photos in about 30 minutes!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting, your words mean a lot to me!